06-04-08 – Trees

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    FutherMucker
    Participant

Corsec: I have a friend who owns 150 acres in Upper Michigan….I can’t even imagine what 600,000 acres of blazed forest looks like !!….wow…Just WOW !!

Soosh: Amen for seclusion !!…I wish I had more of it….Count your blessings. 🙂

My tree is a bit historic…It’s located behind the Henry Ford estate in Dearborn, Michigan….Henry II, and Edsel probably climbed, and had swings under that tree when they were little ones….Most likely, Thomas Edison, Harvey Firestone, and Henry Ford himself have sought shade under it while brainstorming together…It’s very near the mansion, and quite a sight to see…..I would have given it the title….”American Roots”

U-Man
    Participant

Anybody interested in the other pics I almost submitted?

Ah, the hell with it. Here’s some that I wish I could have used.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Cold-Trees_1787.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Tire-Swing_8470.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Tree-Man_5036.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Moonlit-Trees_4945a.jpg

/saved for something in the future
    //kinda wish I could replace the ‘Hug a Tree’ kid (my nature loving eldest) with any one of them.

FutherMucker
    Participant

#1 & #4 are sweeeeet !…Nice !

wrayvynn
    Participant

I HATE this theme! 😆 I got nuthin’, but I’ll keep tryin’.

Don’t sell yourself short, wrayvynn, I always enjoy your photos.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

wrayvynn
    Participant

I thought that bird looked familiar. They live around here also.I’ve even seen them foraging on the ground for bugs.The only woodpecker I know any thing about other than Woody Woodpecker.

We have a pair that comes back to our property every year to have their babies. I watch the male make several nests in the spring before the female decides on one, but I am still not sure which one they are using, I know they aren’t far, the male screams territorially from the tops of every nearby tree on a constant basis, as I type this even…

jpatten
    Participant

Some great Pictures…..
    A little surprised, I thought one of my other ones would actually do better than it is.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

This is a theme I would like to see again.

I definitely would like to see this theme again. It’s like a free ticket to goodness.

/please hopperize (extended version)

I’ve started an “Instant Classics” thread on the themes board to capture themes like this that people immediately want to do again. Right now it only has the Trees theme in it, but I know there have been others (I think Abandoned Places?), so I’ll try to ferret those out soon.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I really just don’t get the majority of the voters. 🙁

I didn’t expect to win but damn.

lokisbong
    Participant

lokisbong (deleted: Broken image) 2008-06-05 12:07:54 AM ?

can you please fix this.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

got it

jpatten
    Participant

Ya know lokis, I see that picture and for some reason I think “Endor” and expect to see a small furry guy beating down a stormtrooper

Morningbreath
    Participant

one of the nice things about this contest is that people did not stop entering photos at 8 in the morning. They have been coming in all day.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looks like we’ve gotten the most entries since the Nature Photography theme. Good deal 🙂

lokisbong
    Participant

got it

thank you.

jpatten they did film Return of the Jedi in part right up in the forest near here.No Ewoks near me that day though.

jpatten
    Participant

well that would explain it then

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘06-04-08 – Trees’ is closed to new replies.