06-06-12 – Vehicles

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-06-12 – Vehicles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Had a dream, saw a truck, took a picture. Unfortunately, I woke up. I’ll put together something. Maybe I’ll use one of my crappy ISS shots.

emiliogtz
    Participant

Here’s a b-side, been fooling around with my home-made rig… Mounted on the rear bumper it’s a bit difficult to get a good position for the camera, needs some improvement:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliogt/7339667782/in/photostream

Still, I might use one of these shots.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Dude, that’s awesome, I’d use that in a heartbeat

orionid
    Participant

I did that once by mounting a rig directly onto the frame when there was no bumper. Perhaps something like that might work for you?

The need for speed by Orionid, on Flickr

U-Man
    Participant

Dude, that’s awesome, I’d use that in a heartbeat

What Yugo said.

emiliogtz
    Participant

Initially I was going for the front bumper (fascia), but the current ones can’t hardly sustain the license plate, let’s not talk about several pounds of photo gear. I looked underneath but I found nothing I could attach my rig to. That’s the reason it needs improving, bigger clamps and some means of articulation.

ravnostic
    Participant

Initially I was going for the front bumper (fascia), but the current ones can’t hardly sustain the license plate, let’s not talk about several pounds of photo gear. I looked underneath but I found nothing I could attach my rig to. That’s the reason it needs improving, bigger clamps and some means of articulation.

Feel free to try to betta yo’selv, but I’m with U-Man and Yugoboy; I’d go with it. I’d vote for it from 0 to 60 in about 1.3 seconds.

orionid
    Participant

I looked underneath but I found nothing I could attach my rig to. That’s the reason it needs improving, bigger clamps and some means of articulation.

Skip the clamps. Use angle-iron and body bolts. There was an article in Car Craft magazine about three or four years back showing all the different ways to set it up on almost any car.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I have a square bumper on my jeep and a remote control. Now I’ve got a neat idea to try and some potentially tragic results if I screw it up.

emiliogtz
    Participant

Skip the clamps. Use angle-iron and body bolts. There was an article in Car Craft magazine about three or four years back showing all the different ways to set it up on almost any car.

Now that sounds interesting, will check it out today =)

emiliogtz
    Participant

I have a square bumper on my jeep and a remote control. Now I’ve got a neat idea to try and some potentially tragic results if I screw it up.

I’d say go for it =)

U-Man
    Participant

Here’s my low-tech fix.

Have wife drive.
    Hang camera on tripod out rear passenger window. Have shutter release cord attached.
    (maybe put an extra tie or tape on camera to decrease blood pressure)
    Get camera close to the ground (but not too close)
    Take pichurs
    Flip photos top-to-bottom

I just might try it.

orionid
    Participant

great. now imma have to whip up something amazing. except I’m going to be shooting the transit all night tonight.

emiliogtz
    Participant

Just surrender and join us orionid. We can have a contest within a contest, dawg…

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m with Orionid on this one, excepting that I’ll stop shooting after the sun sets…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘06-06-12 – Vehicles’ is closed to new replies.