06-15-11 – In Deep Shadow

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-15-11 – In Deep Shadow

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Ah, things I didn’t think of at 2 in the morning. 😳 Sorry about that.

Since the scraper was already setup to post my entries to fark, it was easy to modify it to post the report to another fark thread, but it’s not as simple to change it to email or post here instead. That may be something I can look at in the future, but I’d rather put my efforts toward the stats site for now.

So I’ve disabled the auto post report and it’ll just notify me and then I can notify you here.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No please don’t feel bad. It was (and is) an awesome idea, and certainly convenient since it’s already automagically posting for you. Thank you for thinking of it, and for the notifications here–definitely helps!!

Kestrana
    Participant

If you haven’t voted in the 2 polls currently running in the Themes forum, please check them out. Any changes to the theme selection system will go into place at the end of the month.

Farktographer
    Participant

Wow, I REALLY misinterpreted this theme, or had crappy shots this week. I don’t think I’ve had such low votes since I’ve joined the boards. Ouch.

orionid
    Participant

Fark’s new vote rollout through me off this morning. I was a split second away from a farkback for a missing vote button when I saw the green writing telling me to just click away.

Re: Missing the theme, I like to think that some of the voters missed the theme (not that the shots at the top don’t deserve it, I just think the whole field should have another 20-40% in votes.

Curious
    Participant

we have a farktography discussion thread which is sparsely attended and the boobies posting which is is unread by most and erratic voting. go figure.

all in all i like it that the fark voters look at our contests and usually try to match their vote to the theme. but like the PS contests it isn’t who matches the theme best or who is best technically but creativity counts for a lot of votes. and lord knows we have that. 🙂

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Scarlet R: cbtroy’s entry was previously used in the Black contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks, CISS–I thought that one looked familiar.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to (Be)CauseISaidSo this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks everyone. I’m pretty surprised by this one; as I mentioned, I wasn’t even sure I’d have time to enter so my picks were pretty hurried. That’s also my first P&S win, off my first digital camera, a 4MP Canon Powershot G2.

You’ll notice that I left plenty of room for others between my win and my other entries, as, you know, it’s the gentlemanly thing to do.
    / Unlike some others around here – looking at you, U-Man, rav, and Silverstag, recent offenders anyway. 😛
    // j/k of course. I’d pull a 3-way tie for first if I knew how and had really any inkling of what the voters were looking for. 😕

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

…Which got me thinking – has anyone ever pulled a 3-way first?

The answer is no. As a matter of fact, there’s only ever been one two-way first, and that was U-Man for The Song Remains The Same.

Ties at first are pretty rare things altogether it turns out – only 15 contests have had more than one entry in first place, including U-Man’s solo.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Huh. For some reason I thought they were more common than that.

ravnostic
    Participant

Me too. I know Plama and I did it recently for “Clouds”.

And “hmph!” to being gentlemanly! 😛 I’ll take every last vote I can get, always, to weigh against those weeks when I completely fail. But how nice to be included in your thoughts among the pillars of farktography such as U-man and SilverStag 🙂 Makes me feel special, and not in a special needs kind of way. 😛

Definitely hi-5’s to you for the win this week, CISS–that picture really hit the nail on the head.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • The topic ‘06-15-11 – In Deep Shadow’ is closed to new replies.