06-17-09 – Give ’em an Inch

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-17-09 – Give ’em an Inch

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

there was a time when my shots resonated with the voters but that time has faded into antiquity. due in no small part to stiff competition and my shots lacking a certain artistic flair.

Yeah, I have some of the same feeling here.
    Looking at the FSM histogram it is pretty obvious that I have ended my slow upward trend.

Woo Hoo!
    I’m a trend setter!

Pretty soon you guys will join me having quarterly life crises and prattling on about nearly defunct foreign pop groups no one has cared about in any country for a decade!

U-Man
    Participant

Prattling. That’s a nice verb. I’m going to try and use it several times today.

/Honey, what are you prattling on and on about?
    //Got that out of my system before I actually used it at home.

olavf
    Participant

Prattling indeed!

Of course, such usage is DOA unless I can make use of it before Kat refreshes this page…

justkat
    Participant

what i’m really saying is F the stats. they’re nice and it’s great that schnee is good enough to maintain the FSM but having a place to regularly show off your photos and a weekly challenge is what this is all about. and i think from your comments elsewhere that you know that. plus there is the bonus of having an excuse to upgrade your camera/lens to better get that winning shot. because it’s all about the stats, right?

well when i talk about stats, i really am concerned first with my own stats, rather than comparing myself to someone else. if my votes/entry increases, that makes me feel good, ya know? makes me feel like i’m improving and i honestly think i am. so a week like this — where i honestly think my photos didn’t completely suck and it had more to do with just a low total voting number — screws up my own personal tracking of my progress. you see? 😉

but yes, far above that is the challenge, the learning, and the chance to do something different and share it every week. 🙂 i learn as much from other people’s success as from my own. and learning is really what makes this fun for me. 😀

U-Man
    Participant

“The Prattling Kat”

A new coffee shop where friends can meet for a cuppa.

staplermofo
    Participant

but yes, far above that is the challenge, the learning, and the chance to do something different and share it every week. 🙂 i learn as much from other people’s success as from my own. and learning is really what makes this fun for me. 😀

What makes it fun for me is stupidly doing the same stupid thing every single time. I ignore as much of my own failure and success as I ignore others’.

That’s all part of the diversity that makes farktography so great.

olavf
    Participant

“The Prattling Kat”

A new coffee shop where friends can meet for a cuppa.

mmmm…”sweetcakes”

*leer*

olavf
    Participant

What makes it fun for me is stupidly doing the same stupid thing every single time. I ignore as much of my own failure and success as I ignore others’.

That’s all part of the diversity that makes farktography so great.

I hear ya. I keep finding new and inventive ways of making the same mistakes 😉

Curious
    Participant

if my votes/entry increases, that makes me feel good, ya know?

using that as a guide i’m in deep doodoo. according to the FSM my vote average has been running 9 and i think that is generous. while there are weeks i post something more to participate than to do well there are other weeks i’m excited about my entries and they still tank. and that is disappointing. not the lack of votes but that i failed to convey what was in my minds eye. or it could be that the idiot voters simply failed to see it 🙂

but once i got over my OCD about entering each and every week the fun returned.

olavf
    Participant

but once i got over my OCD about entering each and every week the fun returned.

It’s taken me this long to not post three…

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Thanks, guys 🙂

Elsinore, my first photo timestamped 2009-06-17 10:50:18 PM, is showing up as a text link at the moment. I assume that means the hosting site returned an error at some point. But it’s working now, so can you re-enable it? I don’t expect to get any more votes at this point, but I would like the photo to appear in the contest thread when people pull it up.

Thanks in advance!

Just checked the thread and it’s showing up now, so you should be good.

Thanks! I see it now too.

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

Farktography, it is a lot like golf. People say that it is only themselves, and their camera (clubs) versus what idea they are trying to convey (the course). However, we all sneak a look at the FSM stats now and again (the leaderboard) 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

Hey Els, a final vote snuck in at the end end you edged me out of 1st.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well I’ll be damned. I liked the tie…an artistic shot tied with a Fark joke seemed to sum up Farkography in general.

olavf
    Participant

Boobies always win.

At least in my book
    /when they’re done right
    //well done!
    ///slashies

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘06-17-09 – Give ’em an Inch’ is closed to new replies.