06-20-12 – Parks

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    clouddancer
    Participant

Update: I can see thgs fine in the thread now. Even the Total Fark logos were replaced by [Total Fark] and some of the sidebar images weren’t showing up and when I tried to view image for those I got a 404. But it is all fixed now and I can see all the buttons and everything as it is supposed to be so now I can vote proper.

orionid
    Participant

Lensbabies have always been allowed, as have tilt-shift lenses. Software effects that recreate are not.

Farktography has always been about what you can do with a camera, not PS. That’s what the PS threads are for. Modifying your hardware to shape the photo is the oldest trick in the book and is just as much a part of photography as lenses and shutters.

Even “in-camera” things fall under the same guidelines. If it’s hardware, it’s kosher, if it’s software, probably not. For example: you could not set your camera to automatically apply a red filter to your image, but you most certainly may add an actual red filter to the front of your lens.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Lensbabies are fair game. I have one and have used photos shot with it for Farktography as have others. It’s a physical modification of the camera–modifying the camera itself with actual lenses (any lenses–fisheye to telephoto, Lensbaby, tilt-shift, macro, etc), pinholes, zone plates, shaped apertures, use of filters, petroleum jelly on said filters, etc has always been allowed.

The ideal of Farktography has always been more about seeing what you can do with your camera, and not so much what you can do with your post-processing; that’s the source of distinction made between what you do in camera vs doing the same thing/mimicking it in Photoshop or Gimp. I hope this helps clarify.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol obviously orionid types faster than I do

orionid
    Participant

Not the first time my fingers have been accused of being fast. 😆

/Won’t be the last, either. 😈

U-Man
    Participant

Not the first time my fingers have been accused of being fast. 😆

/Won’t be the last, either. 😈

I don’t know about that boy. He’s got Roman eyes and Russian hands.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lulz 😆

lokisbong
    Participant

Hey I hate to do this but I think my boyscout tree trail pic 2012-06-21 03:17:40 AM is a scarlet R that is for some reason not showing up on bibliostats. Would that happen if I just renamed it? because I seem to have renamed it twice from the original and forgot to check my farktography folder.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think it would slip through if it was a different file name. I appreciate the honesty, but before I remove it, are you sure it’s the same file and not a similar frame? Does the file have EXIF or a time stamp or something to confirm you just renamed the same one?

lokisbong
    Participant

yeah unfortunately the EXIF data is all there and almost every thing in that file is identical. only difference other than name is date last modified. Doh!
    Could ya just unvote it I like the shot and want it to stay as window dressing. please.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, right now bibliostats just goes by filename, so if it was renamed it wouldn’t pick it up as a scarlet R. I’ve got to be careful myself, because I rename all of mine SEntry1.jpg, SEntry2.jpg, and SEntry3.jpg and put them in a contest-specific folder on my website, so I can’t just do a name search either. As my number of entries grows, I’m starting to regret this naming convention.

Assuming it is the same frame, it looks like you used it in Stairway to Heaven, loki. If so, that’s too bad – it’s a nice shot.

lokisbong
    Participant

yeah I was way late even choosing pictures for yesterday and forgot to double check my folder of used shots.It sucks but I will just have two usable entries this week. To late to pick a new third I think.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry to see the entry go, but I can certainly leave it there without voting.

lokisbong
    Participant

thanks

Kestrana
    Participant

Kestrana….your Shenandoah shot….North District, near Mt. Marshall, or Central District, just south of Mary’s Rock tunnel?

It’s looking almost due east from the eastern flank somewhere north of Thornton Gap. Very close to where the historical marker talks about the squatters who lived in the park during the Prohibition era and Chimney trail that takes you through their ruins (which I have yet to walk).

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • The topic ‘06-20-12 – Parks’ is closed to new replies.