06-20-12 – Parks

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Also as a last comment, rav‘s tilt-shift also wasn’t done in camera, it was done with a vintage lens he modified to take tilt-shift images.

ignorantbliss
    Participant

Better late than never! I was looking forward to this one, and I almost missed it!

mopsy
    Participant

Just now got home and thanks everyone for continuing to explain the difference between what is and is not allowed. It’s been bothering me for some time and I believe I finally have a handle on the Farktography method vs. other photo contest sites. Part of my problem is that I don’t have all the additional toys, I’m not complaining, what I have is just fine, but it does lend itself to some of my confusion. Well, maybe it’s just that I’m an old lady trying to keep up with all you young folks. Thanks again with you patience.

Kestrana
    Participant

Better late than never! I was looking forward to this one, and I almost missed it!

Indeed, and welcome to the forum!

cameraflage
    Participant

Kestrana….your Shenandoah shot….North District, near Mt. Marshall, or Central District, just south of Mary’s Rock tunnel?

It’s looking almost due east from the eastern flank somewhere north of Thornton Gap. Very close to where the historical marker talks about the squatters who lived in the park during the Prohibition era and Chimney trail that takes you through their ruins (which I have yet to walk).

Look for some of the old cemeteries down there, too. There are some along Keyser Run and Little Devils Stairs, if I recall.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to RagnarD this week!

Barracuda
    Participant

Congrats to RagnarD this week!

+1.

Very pleased with my 2nd place for the Lake Mineral Wells sunrise, especially considering all of the really great shots this week. Really wish I had more than that single frame of that shot. Was still using the timer to eliminate camera shake on the tripod (while I was digging out the remote trigger). The next frame the kayak was half into the shadows already.

ravnostic
    Participant

Awesome contest this week; seems participation is climbing again, with corresponding voting figures these past couple weeks. I did a photowalk for a riparian habitat and we may have a new member next week (may being the operative word, of course). Congrats to RagnarD!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Very pleased with my 2nd place for the Lake Mineral Wells sunrise

Congrats, you should be. I really liked that one.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • The topic ‘06-20-12 – Parks’ is closed to new replies.