06-23-10 – All Night Long!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-23-10 – All Night Long!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nighttime photography.

Short and sweet theme suggestion courtesy of orionid–thanks!

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s fortunate that this contest is after June 9th. Which, if you follow the night skies, tells you what I’ll be posting a picture of.

lokisbong
    Participant

Boy am I glad I have a lot of pictures taken at night. I twisted my ankle yesterday pretty bad so getting out to take more pictures will be a real pain for the next few days. It almost feels bad enough to think it might be a hairline fracture. I’ve done that before so i know all about that. Last time the doctor gave me the choice whether I wanted a cast.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yikes, lokisbong!

Also, just wanted to be clear that we’re not doing exposure stacking stuff for this one.

lokisbong
    Participant

Not a problem for me. I haven’t gotten around to learning how to do stacked exposures yet. Thats next on my list of things to learn. I think most of mine will be light painting. I have been going out late at night and trying to draw actual things instead of abstract stuff. I think I have a few that will do ok. Most of my choices are already on Flickr. i just need to decide which ones get used.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah you’ve done some neat stuff with that.

lokisbong
    Participant

Thank you. I need to think up some new things to draw though. The hard part is getting lines to touch when you are just trying to remember where your hand was a minute ago. It is a lot of fun. I get a kick out of what people must think when they see me out on the beach running around with some leds looking like a moron at a one man rave. I certainly don’t care what they think. lol What I mean there is I don’t care if they think I am weird.

orionid
    Participant

I get a kick out of what people must think when they see me out on the beach running around with some leds looking like a moron at a one man rave.

HA! Awesome!

lokisbong
    Participant

On the plus side I am 99% sure I only sprained my ankle.It feels a lot better so I will probably go back tonight or tomorrow and do some more light painting. If the weather decides to behave. I even have a friend willing to help draw stuff and give some suggestions on stuff to draw (I hope he has some ideas).

olavf
    Participant

Woohoo! One down, two to go, and Kat didn’t get singed too badly last night in the process 😀

soosh
    Participant

hmmm. rely on what I have or go play on the beach tonight in the rain with some magnesium?

Kestrana
    Participant

I vote magnesium /jealous

nobigdeal
    Participant

hmmm. rely on what I have or go play on the beach tonight in the rain with some magnesium?

magnesium +1!!!!!

ravnostic
    Participant

I got a gotta do, a shoulda do, and a maybe do. But the night ain’t over…yet.

+1 on Magnesium. Which reminds me…[gets camera, saved lighter flints…]

soosh
    Participant

magnesium isn’t gonna happen tonight. rain picked up kind of heavy and I’ve had a big fuzzy pitweiller sleeping on my feet for the last two or three hours.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • The topic ‘06-23-10 – All Night Long!’ is closed to new replies.