06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

A theme free-for-all!Post 3 photos you really like that you haven’t been able to use in other themes.Usual rules apply.Note: Entries posted here will be considered fair game for PS’ers to use for a crossover PS theme.Please link to larger images for PSing

Thanks go to swampa for the theme suggestion, Choc-Ful-A for the title suggestion, and laz-long for the PS cross-over suggestion.

Curious
    Participant

i would also like to thank new member laz-long for helping get this started. his [strike]pot stirring[/strike] contributions at fark helped push us off center and got the ball rolling again.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I went ahead and added him to the list of thanks 🙂

Curious
    Participant

if you want, linking to a bigger version of your photos might be in order. fark’s posting limits could make some images unusable. for example scaling up 25% of a 60kb image could make that part so pixelated that it wouldn’t look good.

that presupposes the PS part will be limited to just using photos from this contest. this isn’t set in stone at this time. i do hope that is what happens since the “mashup” challenge ought to be fun for the photoshoppers.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah I’d love to see it stay as a mashup of the contest images, but yes, linking to a larger version would be in order. Gotta see if I can work that into the description with the description already being just about at the field size limit..hmm

Elsinore
    Keymaster

‘kay got that worked in. Thanks, Curious.

olavf
    Participant

Yeah I’d love to see it stay as a mashup of the contest images, but yes, linking to a larger version would be in order. Gotta see if I can work that into the description with the description already being just about at the field size limit..hmm

Cn U 1/2 ur kid writ it? Itd be gr8!

millera9
    Participant

*twitching*

Curious
    Participant

*twitching*

for an old guy i like to think i’m hip and with it (as you can see by the lingo) but text speech makes my brain hurt.

Curious
    Participant

‘kay got that worked in. Thanks, Curious.

you’re welcome. nice edit.

did i mention yet that i’m excited about this crossover. because i am.

thepostess
    Participant

Cool theme. Can’t wait to see what everybody enters.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Yay I love that this is happening already. Just took some shots over the weekend that I’m dying to use. And as a former PSer, I always dig seeing what those crazy cats come up with.

Actually, come to think of it… what is there to say about someone participating in both the farktography AND photoshop contests for this one? hrrrmmm. It’s been a few years, but this is as good a reason as any to get back into it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I personally promise NOT to Hufferize anyone’s photographs!* I will leave that for Tillman

Thanks for the brave offering, and yes I will also surrender my own photos to the thread in the interest of fairness.

*Unless you are wearing a blue t-shirt.

linguine
    Participant

Actually, come to think of it… what is there to say about someone participating in both the farktography AND photoshop contests for this one? hrrrmmm. It’s been a few years, but this is as good a reason as any to get back into it.

Go for it, people have done both sides of the crossover contest before.(and I guess it could give you a head start if you wanted to photoshop your own shots)

justkat
    Participant

Yay I love that this is happening already. Just took some shots over the weekend that I’m dying to use. And as a former PSer, I always dig seeing what those crazy cats come up with.

with the kitteh/caption contest i had loads of fun captioning… totally got more votes for my captions than for my farktography entries. (my entries meant nothing without captions, was the problem lol)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er’ is closed to new replies.