06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant
    bucky_bacon wrote:

I was late to the game this week. Lots of great, unique stuff. But I definitely have to say, U-Man, kinda just begging for their worst, eh? Very ballsy sir! I love it. And orionid‘s “vagina” girl.

What? Somebody might do something mean or rude? Do you really think so?:shock:

/Work has been so stressful recently that I almost didn’t enter anything this week. I just wasn’t focused here (actually, the pun was not intended) but I decided to throw some stuff on at the last minute.
    //Once again, farktography got me out of my own way and on to feeling and thinking better.

mopsy
    Participant

I think you made a wise choice. The lizard has teh cute.

Good! Good! Good!

justkat
    Participant

i agree, cute lizard. 🙂

olavf
    Participant

I don’t understand. Because you saw it, I can’t take it out OR because you saw it you think the PS’ers can do something with it?

sorry, mopsy… my husband really shouldn’t be allowed out unattended… 😛

*sigh* I’m not that bad, am I?

corsec67
    Participant

I made my first ever photoshop entry, but I used one of my images as the source. (Ranger Joe provided the other part.)

olavf
    Participant

I made my first ever photoshop entry, but I used one of my images as the source. (Ranger Joe provided the other part.)

I’m debating that, but I’ll probably wait until the weekend when I have time to put into it.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

It works, nice job! I’m very happy to see the PS’ers jumped on this so quickly. I think there were 6 PS entries posted even before the Farktography contest hit the main page.

And I think Mopsy‘s birds (zebra finches?) are going to make a lot of appearances…

clouddancer
    Participant

I broke my Farktography cherry! Hehe, had to share. Awesome photos everyone! I voted before I posted. It’s been a while since I’ve written the actual html for links and stuff, I had to go look it up. I’ll be better next time.

olavf
    Participant

Welcome to the party clouddancer! Make sure and check the contest thread again in a day or so – often times some of the best pics aren’t submitted until the morning after…

FWIW, I make a text file with the html for my entries each week the day of the contest. I settled on a format I’m more or less happy with, and that keeps me consistent. Plus, it gives me time to think about any extra text I might want to add around the picture- titles, subnotes, whatever. And I’ll usually run them through the scratchpad (http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=69#new) to make sure all the links pop and whatnot before I post.

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

I have come to the conclusion, I need to work on my photo selection for the contests, the ones I like seem to bomb 🙁

corsec67
    Participant

I have come to the conclusion, I need to work on my photo selection for the contests, the ones I like seem to bomb 🙁

Welcome to the club.

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

Thank You Corces, whilst im in the club, I think Ill fire up Oye Como Va and lament my fark-kickery whislt listneing to a great song…

justkat
    Participant

serious question here: have the ‘shoppers been reminded to vote?

first place only has 29 votes; it doesn’t seem like this should be a low voting contest when we should be getting more traffic than usual. or am i missing something?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes, the PS thread does say to take a moment and vote for pics you like/use. I think the fact that it’s a theme-less theme could be affecting votes. People may not know what they “should” vote for. I will say, though, that the pictures at the top of the heap kick ass, so at least there’s that 😉

justkat
    Participant

Yes, the PS thread does say to take a moment and vote for pics you like/use. I think the fact that it’s a theme-less theme could be affecting votes. People may not know what they “should” vote for. I will say, though, that the pictures at the top of the heap kick ass, so at least there’s that 😉

but was there any mention about hunting them down and killing them if they didn’t? heeheehee

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er’ is closed to new replies.