06-27-12 – Birds 2: Boid Watching

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-27-12 – Birds 2: Boid Watching

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph any type of birds in flight, in nature, in a zoo, in an aviary, or even on your dinner table.

Many thanks to geom_00 for the theme suggestion!

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m going to be out of town and very out of internet this week. I’ve got my pics all set and the html ready.

Can I get an OBO?

As a liter, I don’t need it done before midnight, but I usually stay up to midnight to post as soon as it goes live. So, if you’re going to be around when it goes live, can ya help? I’ll PM you the code.

TIA!

Barracuda
    Participant

I can getcha. TF’er and I’ve already got my lot for this contest locked and loaded so I know I’m going to be participating.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m excited for this one! I took my best avian photos earlier this year, and next Saturday I’ll be on a riparian aviary photowalk. Plus, it’s friggin’ birds. It’s bound to have lots and lots of participation juju, with accompanying voting goodness (I suspect the competition will be awesomely fierce.)

emiliogtz
    Participant

Oh boy… I think I have one (and only one) bird on archive… There’s a reason for that, I really suck at photographing birds. No to mention that there are almost no birds left in this polluted city I live in, and that I sold my 300mm years ago because I thought I had no use for it (other than gather dust).

Yugoboy
    Participant

Sorry to hear that emiliogtz… not only did I upload 6 to choose from, I had to keep myself from dumping at least one of those for the cardinal I found the other day… I was so excited I shot over 50 shots of him.

Separate issue: Barracuda is going to be the nice guy to OBO my birds. I told him when I sent the code via PM I would not expect him to break any rules. He suggested he hasn’t seen any rule about an OBO and timing when poster is TF and absent Farktographer is not. Clarification would be welcome so we make sure not to irritate anyone or violate any rules we aren’t aware of.

emiliogtz
    Participant

Hi guys, I need a ruling on this one, want to know if I’m stepping over some boundaries:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliogt/7429779328/in/photostream/

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hi guys, I need a ruling on this one, want to know if I’m stepping over some boundaries:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliogt/7429779328/in/photostream/

I would think that pushes the limits of Farks gore guidelines.

emiliogtz
    Participant

I would think that pushes the limits of Farks gore guidelines.

Yeah, I’m afraid so. First time ever I go out looking for birds, I run into these. It was kind of interesting though. Maybe I should go looking for hummingbirds instead.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Sorry to hear that emiliogtz… not only did I upload 6 to choose from, I had to keep myself from dumping at least one of those for the cardinal I found the other day… I was so excited I shot over 50 shots of him.

Separate issue: Barracuda is going to be the nice guy to OBO my birds. I told him when I sent the code via PM I would not expect him to break any rules. He suggested he hasn’t seen any rule about an OBO and timing when poster is TF and absent Farktographer is not. Clarification would be welcome so we make sure not to irritate anyone or violate any rules we aren’t aware of.

I can’t see a reason why this would break any Fark rules, we are talking a few hours not days. (As would be the case in a Photoshop thread) If it were something done every week someone might complain, but for one offs like this no big whoop.

Barracuda
    Participant
    ravnostic
    Participant

Gulls on the wing (though I’d crop out most of the duck portion, Swan 2, and Green Heron get my vote, Barracuda (bastid…now I wantz a green heron!). The GBR #2 would be my choice were it not for any one of the other three.

//I’m so skeered about this contest–I love my selections to cull from, but I know everyone’s going to be bringing some excellent game!

////pun totally intended. My bad.

geom_00
    Participant

Don’t feel TOO bad there, Barracuda!

My Bees on this one could fill an entire photobucket account…LITERALLY.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

He suggested he hasn’t seen any rule about an OBO and timing when poster is TF and absent Farktographer is not. Clarification would be welcome so we make sure not to irritate anyone or violate any rules we aren’t aware of.

I can’t see a reason why this would break any Fark rules, we are talking a few hours not days. (As would be the case in a Photoshop thread) If it were something done every week someone might complain, but for one offs like this no big whoop.

It’s been done before for me and no one complained. I think you’re good.

linguine
    Participant

Id go with the green heron, great blue heron 1, and the mourning dove Barracuda.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘06-27-12 – Birds 2: Boid Watching’ is closed to new replies.