06-27-12 – Birds 2: Boid Watching

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-27-12 – Birds 2: Boid Watching

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks, Barracude (I really do like that one very very much).

Barracuda
    Participant

fluffybunny, love the wings and tail open shot. Really shows off the coloring very nicely. Was out walking my dog over the weekend and there was a scissor tail sitting in a tree in one of the park areas we were walking by, he seemed perfectly content to let me walk really quite close, but alas I didn’t even have my phone on me.

And yes, this IS going to be an epic thread.

edit, U-Man, love the part-gray mallard head, you’re right, that’s awesomely sharp. //envy.

bender16v
    Participant

What a great group of photos posted so far, I really love U-Man’s Duckling and Kestrana’s Pygmy Falcon. Also it does seem that herons are pretty popular birds these days.

Unfortunately I just received an email from my web host that all of my domains might go down for about 1-2 hours for maintenance sometime in the next 48-72 hours. If my photos disappear please don’t delete them, they should be back up shortly. If not I can host them somewhere else. Why can’t they do this sort of thing over the weekend?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If the photos hiccup and disappear, they can be restored. I’ll try to keep a good eye out for that happening, but if you notice it before I do, feel free to message me on here or on Fark.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks for the compliments, Barracuda and bender16v. There are lots and lots of good pics this week. I was explaining to Mopsy that I have bunches of bird photos ’cause I always have my camera with me when I’m fishing. I’ll take shots that come along. Or,I’ll go looking for them when the fishies aren’t biting. I look forward to what the ‘liters’ bring this week.

cameraflage
    Participant

Stupendously awesome shots this week, gang.

Ravnostic…8:15, right on cue.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

orionid: Just FYI: your peacock was apparently used in “Where the Wild Things Are”…if you have something else to submit, feel free.

emiliogtz
    Participant

Now it’s me not seeing the Vote buttons…

It’s a conspiracy, everything’s against me this week… =p

emiliogtz
    Participant

Weird, I opened Fark using Safari and the buttons appeared there.

Great collections of pics btw, and they keep on coming.

ravnostic
    Participant

Stupendously awesome shots this week, gang.

Ravnostic…8:15, right on cue.

Huh? None of my posts are at 8:15…. ??

kashari
    Participant

Wow, there are some really cool birds I’ve never seen before. I wish more people would’ve said what kind they are, if they knew.

I’m No Big Deal: That hummingbird is so cute & fluffy! We don’t have that kind here that I know of.

Nice job, gang!

hunches
    Participant

Some awesome stuff this week people!

Here’s some of my bees:

Resident peacock of Malahide Castle, Ireland. It was really mellow, so I was able to get right next to it.
    HPIM2021

Female cardinal watching the nest:
    IMG_8335

Some cute little bird:
    IMG_8344

Pelicans:
    IMG_8479
    IMG_8495 (come at me, bro)

This cactus wren was hamming it up for me, about 10 feet away just landed and said ‘oh hi, nomnomnom’
    1: IMG_9042
    2: IMG_9043
    3: IMG_9044
    4: IMG_9045
    5: IMG_9046
    6: IMG_9046
    7: IMG_9048

I spent the last month or so chasing the quail trying to get a picture of the chicks – they’re adorable, but they thought I wanted to eat them and kept running away 🙁
    IMG_9056
    IMG_8960

This one has been a lot of fun to shoot for, despite it being over 100 degrees!

Barracuda
    Participant

hunches, my first thought for your unidentified was a juvi mockingbird, but the wing coloring is all wrong, however the shape is about spot on, so guessing something in the same family of birds, likely a juvenile.

beakgeek
    Participant

Bird in flight for the contest:

beakgeek
    Participant

Hopefully I posted this in the correct place. Let me know if I did not.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘06-27-12 – Birds 2: Boid Watching’ is closed to new replies.