06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take a photo with your camera inverted or invert the image in post processing but not both.

Theme suggestion kudos to orionid!

sleeping
    Participant

Hmm, but I think if I shoot with the camera upside down and don’t invert it in post, I will wind up with a right-side up image due to the orientation sensor in the camera?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm quite possibly.

Kestrana
    Participant

For those to whom that applies, I believe there is no problem with making the exception to fit the spirit of the theme 😛

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve looked forward to this for a while, esp. as I’ve posted two well-voted entries recently that were inverted. Hopefully, I’ll have a new or repaired camera body by then.

//camera body, not my own. That’s beyond repair and replacement. 😉

orionid
    Participant

For those to whom that applies, I believe there is no problem with making the exception to fit the spirit of the theme 😛

This. The resultant image should be the inverse of reality.

Curious
    Participant

if done with a camera wouldn’t upside down also flip it right to left?

lokisbong
    Participant

I learned tonight that my camera will let me flip the whole thing upside down and it doesn’t correct that. bonus.

orionid
    Participant

if done with a camera wouldn’t upside down also flip it right to left?

I guess the proper software function would be “rotate 180” instead of “Flip vertical.” Or rotate 90 twice if your software is weird. But since flips and rotates are normally allowed anyway, it’s not terribly important which you choose so long as the bottom ends up at the top.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

I was quite hoping for things that are upside down. I have some great shots of my dogs upside down; even a a chinchilla rolling on her back.

I guess I could just invert them…….gravity defying pets.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Good grief, picking shots for this contest has hurt my brain! I shot some stuff and then going from that I went through the archive and found some mind bending things to flip. This contest is going to be weirdly awesome!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I wish I could say the same. Haven’t had time to do anything new for this one and I’ve gone through all of my archives and flipped them, and guess what – they just look like a flipped photo. Got a couple that I’m going to use (with low expectations) and an idea that I might try tonight, but that’s about it.

My prognosis – the winner will be someone who has an awesome landscape shot with a near-perfect reflection in water so that it’s difficult/impossible to tell which side is up. I have no such entries, so it won’t be me.

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m with CISS. Don’t have squat. I’ll look for something, but nothing I have is all that promising.

Edit: Actually, I sort of rescind that with four words: Upside-down French braid. Could be interesting. We’ll see. I do need help with the setup, so hopefully Hubby will be willing to help with that. Elsewise, well, we’ll just see.

ennuipoet
    Participant

My prognosis – the winner will be someone who has an awesome landscape shot with a near-perfect reflection in water so that it’s difficult/impossible to tell which side is up. I have no such entries, so it won’t be me.

I expect to see a lot of those, indeed that is what I am entering but never rule out pure OMGWTF*…because that is what Fark loves!

*And there are several of you, you know who you are, that bring that!

orionid
    Participant

I expect to see a lot of those, indeed that is what I am entering but never rule out pure OMGWTF*…because that is what Fark loves!

*And there are several of you, you know who you are, that bring that!

Have you been looking over my shoulder again? I haven’t even taken the photo yet, I’ve been waiting for it to get dark.

Edited to Add: Okay, now I’ve taken it. But I wouldn’t peek just yet, might not like what you find under there. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn’ is closed to new replies.