06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

the big O makes me expand my horizons.

That’s what she said.

<..>

*looks around nonchalantly whistling*

ennuipoet
    Participant

+11ty to ravnostic for one genuine laugh out loud longer than 30 seconds! What can I say, I am a sucker for Airplane! jokes!!

orionid
    Participant

Rav, your photo is amazing. Seriously. But is it inverted or are you inverted? The water bottle by the monitors makes me ask. (I think it will still work quite well if you have to flip it)

geom_00
    Participant

orionid

Once again….WE ARE!!![/b]

orionid
    Participant

orionid

Once again….WE ARE!!!

*echoing up the valley* PENN STATE!!!

ravnostic
    Participant

The picture is inverted. I compiled a couple images from the interweb and made the background, and had it printed at Kinkos (I queried Elsinore to ask if that was allowed, she said it was okay). It took way more hair gel than any one human should use to get my hair up (and I had to keep reapplying and redrying until I got the shot I wanted). Here’s the setup, though my extra stuff is back against the door again.):

I didn’t bother finishing the edit to get rid of the guy in the picture since that’s where I positioned myself. My photoshop skills aren’t the greatest, but I hope I captured the essence.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So did you glue the water bottle upside down?

ravnostic
    Participant

The water bottle next to the monitor is part of the background image.

Here’s the original shot:

The plane got added in from another image, and most of the guy got edited out:

After the Kinko’s run, I just hung it upside down and put a chair in front of it. All the accessories in hand, I clicked the timered shutter, held my breath and tried to exhale to try to get a red face (with limited success), and there you go. It took about twenty frames; the ‘glue’ is acrylic paint, which I had to remember to turn so you couldn’t SEE that that’s all it was; the amphetamines were sterile gauze, same thing about positioning that), and getting a good ‘high’ expression without having my eyes completely closed turns out to be rather difficult.

Please don’t tell me the shot’s not legal.

please please please!!!

//edit–I’ll seriously cry, which won’t look good when I head to work in some 10-20 mintues. 😥

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol no it’s fine. I just missed that the monitor bank was part of the background photo.

ravnostic
    Participant

*phew!*

//Breathes again. Dries a tear.

I worked quite hard on that photo, and I’m glad the reference wasn’t missed (I was hoping “Airplane!” was something farkers would/will still get.)

//thanks ennuipoet for saying you got a belly-full laugh. I feel all warm and fuzzy, as that’s what I hoped to accomplish.

//also really glad 20 other people didn’t go for the same reference–that was a big fear after investing so much time into the composition.

Getting the 1)monitor bank/tarmac and 2)plane with the right blur to imply a low f/ratio was not easy–in fact, I really wish I’d done more in blurring the tarmac.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Elsinore , can you pull my 2011-06-29 09:06:50 PM it’s an ARRR!!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Ooops!! make that 2011-06-29 08:56:30 PM!!

orionid
    Participant

The picture is inverted. I compiled a couple images from the interweb and made the background, and had it printed at Kinkos (I queried Elsinore to ask if that was allowed, she said it was okay). It took way more hair gel than any one human should use to get my hair up (and I had to keep reapplying and redrying until I got the shot I wanted). Here’s the setup, though my extra stuff is back against the door again.):

IMG Deleted

I didn’t bother finishing the edit to get rid of the guy in the picture since that’s where I positioned myself. My photoshop skills aren’t the greatest, but I hope I captured the essence.

Well played. Bra. Vo.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it

clouddancer
    Participant

Haven’t seen Airplane! yet, or I probably would have gotten the reference. Should I put it on my Netflix queue?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn’ is closed to new replies.