06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Haven’t seen Airplane! yet, or I probably would have gotten the reference. Should I put it on my Netflix queue?

Wait. Do you speak jive?

clouddancer
    Participant

Haven’t seen Airplane! yet, or I probably would have gotten the reference. Should I put it on my Netflix queue?

Wait. Do you speak jive?

What’s jive?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

OMG YOU HAVEN’T SEEN AIRPLANE! ?!?!?!?!?!

hie thee hence to Netflix. Hie.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wait. Do you speak jive?

Cut her some slack, Jack.

orionid
    Participant

Wait. Do you speak jive?

Cut her some slack, Jack.

Man, that sizzle’s wack. She needa run out an’ eyeball dis like no way back.

justkat
    Participant

OMG YOU HAVEN’T SEEN AIRPLANE! ?!?!?!?!?!

hie thee hence to Netflix. Hie.

THIS!

/also, movie references are — as demonstrated here — a risky proposition. 😉

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Surely you must be joking.

// Since you haven’t seen it, I’ll answer for you – “No, I’m not joking, and don’t call me Shirley!”

U-Man
    Participant

A hospital? What is it?

A big building with patients. But that’s not important right now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And THEN the dinosaurs came!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Over Macho Grande?

No, I’ll never be over Macho Grande.

// This could probably go on all night. Seriously, clouddancer, I’m surprised you’ve been able to survive on Fark without seeing this one. It’s one of the most quotable and quoted movies I know of.

geom_00
    Participant

To the Tower.

The Tower?! RAPUNZEL! RAPUNZEL!!!

U-Man
    Participant

And similar to Monty Python, it is probably more fun to quote than to actually watch.

I don’t think this is really a farktography theme idea, but this site is kinda cool –> http://dearphotograph.com/

nobigdeal
    Participant

Got it

Thanks!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

That’s is pretty cool, U-Man. I’ve seen a few instances of that before, but not a site full of them. Some of them are photos of post-WWII devastation against the rebuilt modern world, which is always neat to see. It’d be interesting to do something like that, but you’re right that it’d be difficult to make a contest of it as it’d require quite a bit of planning and access to much older shots.

olavf
    Participant

U-man I came across that site the other day. It’s pretty darn awesome. I could never enter something in there because the scant pics of my childhood that I possess are 10,000 miles away though :/

But, I have a rules question that I’d like to bring up. My ‘Vino’ shot has a teeny, tiny line that probably doesn’t affect the shot, but it’s bugging the hell out of me. Between fairly careful DOF, an intentional overexposure, and a minor post-tweaking, I can’t get rid of it.

If I print it, I’ll probably do a quick smudge to blur the line, but is this the sort of thing that meets the ‘errant hair’ or the telephone pole’ side of cleaning up? I really tend to err on the side of caution so I let it go, but I’d like to know for the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘06-29-11 – umop 3p!sdn’ is closed to new replies.