06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photographs shot in/of the rain.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, SilverStag!

monsieurstabby
    Participant

Sweet!

I’ll finally get to use a print that I developed myself (I’m very proud of this). And there’s tons of opportunity for moody shots.

ravnostic
    Participant

This will be a challenge; it never rains here, it only threatens to. Well, we get 6 inch rains–one drop every six inches. I’ll have to go archiving again.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m honestly kinda wondering if I should have scheduled this one for the fall when there might be more chance of rain for those folks out west…

ravnostic
    Participant

It could have been better, sure. But 1/2 the years instead of ‘monsoons’ we get ‘non-soons’, so that’s why I never delete a picture and own a backup terabyte drive (I’ll find something…somewhere.) Might not have a ‘winning’ shot, but I know damned well I at least have something to enter. My average picture vote score is 25% more votes than just a month ago, btw. I must be doing something right.

olavf
    Participant

We won’t be getting any rain until Nov/Dec sometime most likely, and even then it only seems to rain while I’m at work, or at night, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

That said, I’ve got some b-sides, and a few things I tried to get after this one hit the hopper. Like rav, probably not any show-stoppers, but I’ll have something to contribute. Kat’s been trying the same thing, but I’m not sure what she’s got to work with.
    /we don’t get very photogenic rain, when we *do* get it.

Kestrana
    Participant

You can always “make” rain too if you’re desperate, we’re not going to know the difference 😛

ravnostic
    Participant

You can always “make” rain too if you’re desperate, we’re not going to know the difference 😛

So, precipitation falling from the sky that *didn’t* condense from clouds is okay? Because that opens up a couple pictures for me. 🙄

(totally natural, mind you, though; no hoses here.)

Kestrana
    Participant

Well, I’m not the theme suggester, but I’m just saying you could probably get creative.

olavf
    Participant

I’ve shied away from this, because I don’t think anyone wants a bunch of ‘kids playing in sprinklers’ shots. But, I’ve thought about artificial rain, even if I think it may be cutting things too close to the wire :/

ravnostic
    Participant

There’s a place in Az called Tonto Natural Bridge; a very small natural stream falls into a narrow canyon. If you’re down below, it’s pretty much like rain. Perhaps SS can clarify if such uses would be acceptable.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Is the aftermath of the rain allowed, pictures of raindrops on leaves, flowers etc?

olavf
    Participant

That’s a good question. It would certainly open up my options some.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Is the aftermath of the rain allowed, pictures of raindrops on leaves, flowers etc?

That would be really nice. I am not too keen on taking my gear out in the rain!

lokisbong
    Participant

That would be really nice. I am not too keen on taking my gear out in the rain!

I also have been very reluctant to take my camera out in the rain. I am afraid if I use some kind of homemade baggy wrap or something it will leak. I am currently without job so buying the real thing is not an option. and I don’t even own an umbrella. That and all of a sudden it stopped raining here and I am not sure it will rain anytime soon. I have one good picture I don’t remember using in any contest yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • The topic ‘06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away’ is closed to new replies.