06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

I think the aftermath would fall in the “of” rain category. As would pix of rainclouds, etc.

ravnostic
    Participant

Good shots, as always. I’m no big deal I’m surprised you didn’t hold the moon shot for B&W&GAO; but it’s fantastic, nonetheless. Daikiki’s bank is stunning, also. lokisbong‘s light painting is out of this world.

orionid
    Participant

Is the aftermath of the rain allowed, pictures of raindrops on leaves, flowers etc?

That would be really nice. I am not too keen on taking my gear out in the rain!

I also have been very reluctant to take my camera out in the rain. I am afraid if I use some kind of homemade baggy wrap or something it will leak. I am currently without job so buying the real thing is not an option. and I don’t even own an umbrella. That and all of a sudden it stopped raining here and I am not sure it will rain anytime soon. I have one good picture I don’t remember using in any contest yet.

I have been known to cut the corner out of a ziplock bag and rubberband the opening to the end of my lens once or twice. Or stuff the camera inside my jacket in between shots.

Eventually, I’ll get one of these.

Good shots, as always. I’m no big deal I’m surprised you didn’t hold the moon shot for B&W&GAO; but it’s fantastic, nonetheless. Daikiki’s bank is stunning, also. lokisbong’s light painting is out of this world.

Wrong thread?

caradoc
    Participant

There’s a very good reason I keep a pack of these in my camera bag.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Hmm, I usually just pull a condom from my wallet when it rains…usually have some room left over even with the big zooms… 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

Good shots, as always. I’m no big deal I’m surprised you didn’t hold the moon shot for B&W&GAO; but it’s fantastic, nonetheless. Daikiki’s bank is stunning, also. lokisbong’s light painting is out of this world.

Wrong thread?

So THATS where this comment went to. yep; wrong thread. Whoops. We drinks ya know.

(actually, posted in haste at work last night.

orionid
    Participant

They’re cheaper at B&H

nobigdeal
    Participant

Wrong thread?

So THATS where this comment went to. yep; wrong thread. Whoops. We drinks ya know.

(actually, posted in haste at work last night.

HAHA!! I didn’t even see that! I thought about using it for that but it was my best night shot so I said screw it.

olavf
    Participant

I think the aftermath would fall in the “of” rain category. As would pix of rainclouds, etc.

cool. thanks 🙂

kashari
    Participant

I ordered one of the camo rain covers from this place, but haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I picked it over the clear ones since it also helps block the light to enable viewing the LCD screen better. http://fotosharp.com/camouflage_rain_covers.html

The surprising thing is, the vendor lets you have a 15-day trial period before paying, not many places offer that nowadays.

They also have a sweet set of laminated cheat sheet cards. Since I’m still fairly new to doing more advanced things with my camera, they’re great for me…better than a bunch of printed computer papers stuck in my bag. 🙂

http://fotosharp.com/expanded_dslr_cheatsheet_set.html

caradoc
    Participant

They’re cheaper at B&H

Of course they are – the manufacturer’s website lists MSRP…

I got mine (three packs of 2) for $2 each at a local camera store’s “Going Out Of Business” sale.

I still have one sealed pack and one opened (I’ve destroyed three of them over the two years since buying them, but that’s not surprising if you know what I shoot most…)

QueenBee
    Participant

ok so aftermath is deemed ok?

olavf
    Participant

That’s what Silverstag said, so I certainly hope so 😛

lokisbong
    Participant

I am stuck with all archive stuff this week I have one I know is worth using. Not sure about more than that.

olavf
    Participant

I am stuck with all archive stuff this week I have one I know is worth using. Not sure about more than that.

FWIW, I’ll have two or three this week, and I’ve been working on this one since January. One’s going to be a b-side, one is more-or-less an “aftermath” (in that you can’t tell that’s it was raining when I took the shot), and one, well, I just dunno yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • The topic ‘06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away’ is closed to new replies.