06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, SilverStag being the theme suggester said aftermath/raindrops and clouds were fine, but did not say artificial rain is ok. In my mind, the theme description specifically says rain, and hose water isn’t rain 😉

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I feel bad for putting the idea out there as it’s not my theme but I also felt bad for the people who live in rainless areas.

orionid
    Participant

I think garden-hose rain should be okay. I almost had to go that route. FWIW, I also think it’s no different than getting creative with setups on other themes, like when I used transparency sheets to make a heads-up display for first person shooter.

Kestrana
    Participant

We would never have known if it hadn’t been captioned as such anyway

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And people might not know if someone photoshops out (or in) bits of things that aren’t fair game to photoshop out or in, but the absence of a caption stating what was done wouldn’t change the fact that what was done isn’t otherwise allowed, right?

Kestrana
    Participant

Yes you’re right. In the end you’re the moderator and I know you’ll do what you think is most fair for everyone.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think there’s enough ambiguity of opinion that unless SilverStag says specifically that he did not intend to allow artificial rain, it’s just gonna be up to the voters.

justkat
    Participant

Effin’ rain is so hard to photograph. And even harder to photograph in an interesting way. Kudos to those who made it work. As for me, there IS room for me to do worse than last week, but not much, so I got that going for me, which is nice. 😉

And to chime in on the artificial rain, I don’t have a problem with it. Besides that picture is so darn cute!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, doesn’t sound like opinion is ambiguous really. It’s up to the voters, either way.

QueenBee
    Participant

umm not to be the farktography nazi, but didn’t hackhix use that image for another contest? perhaps they don’t know they can’t reuse images?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm lemme check. Most of the time, people simply forget they used something before. The FSM catches most repeats if we don’t spot them first.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, it’s a repeat from Plants.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes you’re right. In the end you’re the moderator and I know you’ll do what you think is most fair for everyone.

I would like to say that yes, I’m a mod, but I’m also a Farktographer, and while I may need to make a final call on stuff that comes up, I’d rather get input when there are gray areas or ambiguous wording, etc. If it’s too gray and there’s no consensus, the voters can decide. If I’m off base, I can accept that.

SilverStag
    Participant

Rain is hard enough as it is. That said, rain is falling water, so I never specified the source *had* to be atmospheric clouds, either. I’m move for leniency here.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • The topic ‘06-30-10 – Rain, Rain, Go Away’ is closed to new replies.