07-02-08 – Mmmm Bokeh

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-02-08 – Mmmm Bokeh

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

I was really looking forward to this contest, but then my friend invited me out on his boat last night and well, can’t let opportunities like that slip by.

lokisbong
    Participant

If we are going to talk about levels I think I would be about a level 2 photographer I think. Maybe lower.I am not sure I have this bokeh thing right but I am getting votes so I must not be that far off.The one pic I thought would get the votes is yet again the lowest vote getter. And the highest is the one I didn’t take on purpose.Go figure. 🙂

anneb
    Participant

If we are going to talk about levels I think I would be about a level 2 photographer I think. Maybe lower.I am not sure I have this bokeh thing right but I am getting votes so I must not be that far off.The one pic I thought would get the votes is yet again the lowest vote getter. And the highest is the one I didn’t take on purpose.Go figure. 🙂

/metoo just about every time.

JUST when you think you got it, the universe, in all its fickle-tude, changes the rules.

mopsy
    Participant

Unfortunately (or fortunately, in the grand scheme of things), we can’t actually edit posts, only remove them outright. It would open up a huge can of worms if we had that kind of power! I can remove the entry and let you repost it, but I’d hate for you to lose your place in the thread and any votes received.

Guess it was best to leave it in as is. I need all the votes I can get.

Thanks again!

mopsy
    Participant

Mods,
    If possible, please take the text off Mopsy entry of the sundial time 08:06:47. Am not sure where my head was but it certainly wasn’t spelling. Leave the photo!

Thanks!

One thing I have learned in my (year+) here is that voters on Farktography hate reading, so a spelling error will not count against you that much.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thank goodness we can vote for an unlimited number of people, cause there’s no way I could ever choose a single entry. Just too much awesome, consistently, every week. I’m honored to know you guys and be part of Farktography.

swampa
    Participant

I’m honored to … be part of Farktography.

Be a part?? You are the glue that keep farktography working! So thank you for all your work here. Rule on with your gold plated trumpet of doom. 😛

/No need to suck up to us now, you have second place wrapped up 😛
    //I think I voted for about 20 entries this week, there was some beautiful bokeh out there 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Rule on with your gold plated trumpet of doom. 😛

lol there’s a story about that trumpet (which is really only cheap brass). When I first said I wanted to play trumpet, my Dad balked; he swore that I’d get a permanent dent in my lip from the mouthpiece, and that that explained why so many trumpet players were guys–they needed to grow mustaches to hide the dents in their lips (where he got this idea is beyond me 😆 ) Well one day my Grandmother casually mentioned in front of my Dad that her sister played cornet. Case was closed given Aunt Skip never had a lip dent.

When I started lessons, Dad told me that if I stuck with it and made it to Carnegie Hall, he’d buy me a gold trumpet. I think he knew he was probably safe from that ever happening 😆 Interestingly, all through high school and college, I was the only female trumpet player, and in college I was the only one with a brass trumpet. Everyone else had silver. But none of us had permanent dents in our lips 😉

btw, for those of you on Flickr, there are some good Bokeh groups (I’m an admin for “Bokeh for the Common Folk”), and a lot of these entries would be awesome to add to the photo pools over there, too. Good stuff, guys n gals.

/I really mean it
    //feeling sentimental lately

FutherMucker
    Participant

This is my 200th entry.

Congrats !!!!!

My goal is to reach 1,000 votes during/before my first year here……I should be able to reach this goal….I only have 47 entries, so far, but I feel confident that my next few entries will bring me to my goal. 8)

/I hope…..Wish me luck !

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Awesome stuff guys, definitely an instant classic. Congrats on the win, schnee, oh Meister of the Stats 😉

SilverStag
    Participant

What is it when the guy who keeps track of the votes wins?

In this case, it’s awesome! WTG, schnee!

swampa
    Participant

This is my 200th entry.

Oh trying to do my job now are you? 😛

Other achievements this week:
    Snug Tight has entered 150 contests. Nearly three years worth of contests now!
    Sclark5150 has passed 2500 votes.
    Staplermofo has posted 250 entries (and only 163 have staplers/staples in them :P)

staplermofo
    Participant

Staplermofo has posted 250 entries (and only 163 have staplers/staples in them :P)

Man, that many? I had no idea.
    *stages an intervention where staplers come in and talk about how they feel neglected, or have been ignored*
    😥

With god as my witness, I’ll never at least not this year hit 100 staplerless entries more than once!

schnee
    Participant

What is it when the guy who keeps track of the votes wins?

It is more likely than you think…

Thanks all.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Thanks all.

Well deserved. It certainly got one of my votes. Kudos !

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘07-02-08 – Mmmm Bokeh’ is closed to new replies.