07-13-11 – A Shore Thing

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-13-11 – A Shore Thing

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em restored.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

And now they mysteriously appear to be back. SO CONFUSED.

EDIT: Aha! Thanks, Els, you’re the best.

ennuipoet
    Participant

God grief! I forgot last night was Wednesday! I gotta go back to work, the days are blurring together!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I just noticed that plamadude30k‘s gone missing again. I checked his image links and they pull up OK outside of Fark. He’s the only one using google/picasa for this contest, so it must be an issue with that. Regardless, they should be live again now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm weird. The images are 105k, 143k, and 127k, so they shouldn’t be creating issues. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Google/Picasa hosted stuff disappear like that before. Isn’t Google dropping Picasa at some point? Regardless, the images are restored.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I’m forced to conclude that it’s a problem with Picasa. I guess I’ll be switching back to flickr-this is just unacceptable.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

Only problem I’ve noticed recently with Flickr is shots taken with my 10mm–I keep having to post the smaller size.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Just got back from a trip to vancouver 😀
    here’s some bees from beautiful BC
    Digital Sunset

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Dangit, Zero, between you and the coastal farktographers posting great scenary shots, you’re all really giving me a travelin’ jones!

I really like the Shannon Falls BC 3 shot. I take it from your last shot that you kayaked? That’s something I’ve always wanted to get into, but lack of any place decent to do so here has kept me from it.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Dangit, Zero, between you and the coastal farktographers posting great scenary shots, you’re all really giving me a travelin’ jones!

I really like the Shannon Falls BC 3 shot. I take it from your last shot that you kayaked? That’s something I’ve always wanted to get into, but lack of any place decent to do so here has kept me from it.

Thanks, I had such a great time on this vacation, finally able to get some mountain and waterfall shots–too late for the recent contest tho, dammit!

That brave kayaker was shot from the safety of one of those aquabuses. I did get in some mountain biking, but next time I go to BC I would like to either kayak or at least go white water rafting … also some climbing would be fun … of course the skiing in the winter is fantastic too!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I just posted this in the Farktography thread, but I’ll post it here, too, just in case: Picasa has hiccupped yet again, so Fark has dropped entries from both plamadude30k and ykarie.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up–got the photos restored, for what it’s worth. With your Bibliostats, how long does it scrape the thread? If an image drops between scrapes, will it be dropped in Bibliostats as well? Because if it comes to it, I can keep going back to the thread and making sure those images are up so they get scraped for the final tally.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

It scrapes from contest open to contest close every 15 minutes. If an image disappears from one scrape to the next, it’s marked for deletion but not yet deleted (meaning that it won’t show up in stats or on the website, but the thumbnails are kept just in case it reappears). As long as it’s present at the final scrape when the contest closes, it’ll be figured into the final tally; otherwise, it’s permanently deleted.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So once the thread is marked as closed, the scraper stops scraping?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yep, once it sees the “this thread is closed” message, it rolls all of the transient stats collected during the contest into the permanent records and then stops scraping until the next contest.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • The topic ‘07-13-11 – A Shore Thing’ is closed to new replies.