07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Forbidden “B”
    [url]
    Riverside Park 151st Overlook

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I use it to test my auto-posts each week and posts there don’t hang around very long at all, a few hours at most.

Hm, does it let you choose to go back a few days or weeks?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Nope. It keeps track of the number of posts you’ve submitted there (it’ll say something like “Displayed 0 of 70 comments”), but once the posts roll off, they’re gone.

sleeping
    Participant

The scratchpad defaults to showing things for a couple hours, but you can actually look back for three days using the menus there.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, ya learn something new every day, I guess. I never noticed the start/end filters before.

Kestrana
    Participant

Re: Picasa, I haven’t been able to get into Google+ all day, although my notifications are showing up in my gmail, so perhaps it’s a larger issue?

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Swampa-I was glad to see that I could finally use a Sydney Opera House pic that you didn’t have a similar (and better) version of.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

justkat: I’m loving your pretend stairs, but I’m kinda wondering if it runs afoul of the “Stairs must be at human scale and intended for human use.” bit. Where the heck did you find those?

swampa
    Participant

Plamadude30k I was sort of worried when I saw your interior stairs pic before I went to post mine. Started going “please don’t have done the outside, please don’t have done the outside”.

I realised I have never been inside the Opera House, only taken a brazillion photos of the outside.

U-Man
    Participant

Elsinore, I totally forgot about my metal silos stairs pic and just entered it. Then I couldn’t decide which of the other three to pull. I decided that the skateboard pic is the least stairs-y. Would you please just delete it? In the Fark thread I asked to have it de-envotinated — but please just pull it. I think it would be somewhat confusing if we left it in.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, U-Man. Think that was a good choice, too.

orionid
    Participant

Elsinore, sorry to trouble you, but I jumped the gun on the boobies (looking over Kestrana‘s shoulder and counting to ten didn’t help when she had “preview” turned on). Anyways, could you please delete either the original post at 2011-07-20 08:00:40 PM or the repost and removal request at 2011-07-20 08:03:12 PM?

It doesn’t particularly matter which. Many thanks.

justkat
    Participant

Elsinore – human scale is a bit gray, isn’t it? 😉 I took that at a museum in Old Sacramento. The stairs are human sized in height, just not in width. 😉 Check out the electrical outlet on the wall by the table. I guess that’s not proof, per se, but I do hereby swear they are not doll-sized. Just pointless. 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

orionid D’oh–I moved Kestrana’s Boobies before seeing you’d reposted. Deleted the first one.

justkat: Yeah that was my dilemma–I could tell they were human height. And I *think* maybe a small child could squeeze behind the rail…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Plamadude30k I was sort of worried when I saw your interior stairs pic before I went to post mine. Started going “please don’t have done the outside, please don’t have done the outside”.

I realised I have never been inside the Opera House, only taken a brazillion photos of the outside.

I was on one of the tours. It’s one of those fun, touristy things you do when you’re in town for a few days, but you’d never think of if you lived nearby.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven’ is closed to new replies.