07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph stairs or steps. Note: Stairs must be at human scale and intended for human use.

Another quality theme brought to you by SilverStag!

geom_00
    Participant

I know this is going to complicate things. But I have to ask.

I have a photo in mind for this. I don’t want to totally give it away, but it looks like a path to heaven. The only problem is there is no stairs.

What say ye? Yay or Nay?

Farktographer
    Participant

I’d say nay. Theme is specific for stairs, not the heaven part.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Gotta agree. The description specifically calls for stairs/steps.

zincprincess
    Participant

geom_00 – You could always use it for Pathways which is in the hopper.

geom_00
    Participant

Thanks! Just thought I would ask.

Thanks for the idea about the pathways…I am not sure that would work either, as this really is not a path…

oddmind
    Participant

Ugh! I used my best stairs on Urban Art! Are other views allowed? Such as a close-up of certain parts? And can it be just SOME of the stairs or need be the whole staircase? And could a return visit to the same shot (different lighting, other flowers in bloom, etc) be OK? Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition. I’m still new here.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

If it’s the same frame but cropped differently, that’s not OK, but as long as it’s a different shot, even if it’s of the exact same subject from the exact same angle, it’s kosher.

Farktographer
    Participant

Doesn’t need to be the whole staircase, and as CISS pointed out, different frames of the same shot are kosher. If you took two photos using a tripod and ended up with two images that looked identical, you could use both in different contests (though personally, I don’t like doing that because it prevents me from trying new things).

Kestrana
    Participant

They’ve pretty well answered already oddmind, but “Yes” to each of your questions. But besides that, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed your glass creations during the Scanner as Camera theme.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

But besides that, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed your glass creations during the Scanner as Camera theme.

Oh yes, this. I thought your glass bead/shard scans were quite creative and well done.

ravnostic
    Participant

But besides that, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed your glass creations during the Scanner as Camera theme.

Oh yes, this. I thought your glass bead/shard scans were quite creative and well done.

Ditto this. I loved those.

clouddancer
    Participant

So question about the whole steps thing, and I don’t mean to be a pain. The dam at our lake (yeah, I’ve been focused on that lately) has one of those step things for the fishies to get up and over the dam. Is that ok? Or are we talking more like actual stairs/steps that people walk on? Thanks.

orionid
    Participant

So question about the whole steps thing, and I don’t mean to be a pain. The dam at our lake (yeah, I’ve been focused on that lately) has one of those step things for the fishies to get up and over the dam. Is that ok? Or are we talking more like actual stairs/steps that people walk on? Thanks.

I swore I wasn’t going to nitpick on this one. What about things repurposed as stairs, like the rail ties in this photo from “numbers”

Koko’s Taunt. by Orionid, on Flickr

Farktographer
    Participant

I swore I wasn’t going to nitpick on this one. What about things repurposed as stairs, like the rail ties in this photo from “numbers”

Koko’s Taunt. by Orionid, on Flickr

Gut says yes to both.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven’ is closed to new replies.