07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I’d say yes to both

oddmind
    Participant

But besides that, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed your glass creations during the Scanner as Camera theme.

Oh yes, this. I thought your glass bead/shard scans were quite creative and well done.

Ditto this. I loved those.

Thank you for the clarification and appreciation. *blushes slightly*

I’ve already been back to The Stairs for new photos. I didn’t have anything for the just-finished theme and no time to get a new one, but I’m surrounded by interesting staircases and beaches for those upcoming themes. Actually, there is a location that features both, if I can get a sunny day during a San Francisco summer. Mark Twain was right.

ravnostic
    Participant

Just popping in to ask silverstag the same question clouddancer and orionid asked. To clarify for my purposes: Do ‘steps’ need to be intended for humans, or on the human-sized scale?

U-Man
    Participant

But besides that, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed your glass creations during the Scanner as Camera theme.

Oh yes, this. I thought your glass bead/shard scans were quite creative and well done.

You said shart. Well, almost.
    Welcome oddmind. 🙂
    I’m not SS, but I say railroad tie steps are steps, and fish steps are steps, and big or little steps are steps.

But it might be pushing it to use something from a 12 step program. Then again…

SilverStag
    Participant

Just popping in to ask silverstag the same question clouddancer and orionid asked. To clarify for my purposes: Do ‘steps’ need to be intended for humans, or on the human-sized scale?

Well, “Heaven” is a human, if somewhat abstract comment. I was thinking of steps that people use, yes.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Someone mentioned fish ladders, though (which are pretty obvious steps, even if they aren’t meant for people)…that should be ok, right?

ravnostic
    Participant

Non-moving escalators?

SilverStag
    Participant

Fish ladders – not meant for humans. Sorry.

Escalators- fine for either mode of operation.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Fish ladders – not meant for humans. Sorry.

Escalators- fine for either mode of operation.

Then we need to amend the theme description to mention steps should be at human scale and for human purpose.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Added the note about human scale/use.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I don’t exactly have an abundance of stair photos, wondering if this would qualify…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42385982@N06/5955387700/lightbox

… what say ye?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Don’t see why not.

olavf
    Participant

There’s certainly steps in the shot 😉

swampa
    Participant

How visible do the stairs have to be? I have this image of a stair well but it isn’t as obvious that there are stairs unless you really look at the image, would it still be ok?

Kestrana
    Participant

Took me a second but you can clearly see there are stairs in the picture. Cool shot!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘07-20-11 – Stairway to Heaven’ is closed to new replies.