07-23-08 – Farktography Classic: Blue II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-23-08 – Farktography Classic: Blue II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us photos with a dominant blue theme. Difficulty: No sky

Thanks for the theme suggestion, Teffy!

SilverStag
    Participant

*Absolutely* no sky, of is it OK if the sky isn’t dominant in the photo?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

*Absolutely* no sky, of is it OK if the sky isn’t dominant in the photo?

Difficulty: No sky

What’s that saying? No means no? 😉

Seriously, there’s lots of other blue out there without using the sky in any way.

SilverStag
    Participant

I just thought I’d get that out of the way up front 🙂

justkat
    Participant

I just thought I’d get that out of the way up front 🙂

thanks for taking one for the team. 😉

justkat
    Participant

moderator – can you tell a n00b the easiest way to search for old farktography contests? I totally coincidentally took a predominantly blue picture on Friday and while the subject is fairly interesting the blue bit not so much. I’d like to see how the subject was handled the first go round. Thanks!

schnee
    Participant

moderator – can you tell a n00b the easiest way to search for old farktography contests?

The Farktography Statistics Manager maintains a history of all past contests. Just go to the home page and use the selection box on the left hand side to find ‘Blue’ and then click the ‘show’ button. Someday, I really should make that easier…

Or you can just go to Blue directly. Blue came out before the FSM really got rolling, so some of the images did not get archived, but most are there. I got a tear in my eye after looking at some of the names of those who are no longer with us(*).

/(*) not that they died or anything

justkat
    Participant

moderator – can you tell a n00b the easiest way to search for old farktography contests?

The Farktography Statistics Manager maintains a history of all past contests. Just go to the home page and use the selection box on the left hand side to find ‘Blue’ and then click the ‘show’ button. Someday, I really should make that easier…

Or you can just go to Blue directly. Blue came out before the FSM really got rolling, so some of the images did not get archived, but most are there. I got a tear in my eye after looking at some of the names of those who are no longer with us(*).

/(*) not that they died or anything

heehee. and thanks very much for the link. and for all your work on the FSM. 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

Stirring the pot some more:

That’s not the sky, so this is OK?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s set up to look like sky. I’d say it’s too close to the real thing to count.

SilverStag
    Participant

Meanie 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I get that from my kids a lot. I’m immune to that argument 😉

Killerclaw
    Participant

I’m digging out my Sonic the Hedgehog stuff.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I, for one, think the no sky rule is a little harsh.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, you and your blue dude have a point, Morningbreath. I wouldn’t have necessarily noticed the sky in that shot.

How about Teffy clarify for us if something like that (incidental sky, like SilverStag mentioned) is ok with what she had in mind, or if it should be absolutely no sky under any circumstances.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • The topic ‘07-23-08 – Farktography Classic: Blue II’ is closed to new replies.