08-08-07 – Abandon All Hope

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-08-07 – Abandon All Hope

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Description: Photograph abandoned places. Difficulty: No people.

Morningbreath
    Participant

yeah!

Jakevol2
    Participant

Description: Photograph abandoned places. Difficulty: No people.

Can it be abandoned objects as well, ie: junked cars?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d say cars are ok, cause they’re of a pretty substantial size, but I wouldn’t want to say just any object and get a bunch of pictures of just random trash. A picture of an abandoned car can set the tone of an abandoned place, though.

Jakevol2
    Participant

It should be known that I risked life and limb to get some shots for this theme today. Nothing like poking around a crackhouse with an fairly expensive camera. 😯

boringolddoug
    Participant

Hey, my favourite theme! Thank you for choosing this one.

/only three doug. only three.

SilverStag
    Participant

I love themes like this that just seem to cry out for black & white treatments 🙂

Snug Tight
    Participant

I scheduled some time to get shots for this week. A tank full of gas, the top down on the car, a sunny day and a well thought out destination. Right before I arrive the clouds roll in. You know, the kind of clouds that come right before a huge rainstom. The kind of clouds that turn everything the same shade of gray. I got a few shots, then the rain came. .
    Oh well, maybe the grayness will help with the theme.

Curious
    Participant

gee i’ve never had that happen.

more than once a week.

last year we didn’t get much rain so this year we’re doubling up.

it has messed up more than one photo trip. and several setup i’ve been trying to do to use/test/check out the new extension tubes. that happened sunday and today due to scattered clouds. the kind that play hide and seek so when you’re in the house they’re gone but walk outside with the camera … clouds. i’ll know in a short while when i download the pictures taken before lunch if i got what i wanted or not.

do have some shots from last week that i have high hopes for but ,as usual, the voters will decide.

XenPix
    Participant

Pfft.

You should try taking pictures in England. It’s always good to practice your photography in non-ideal lighting, you know. 😉

QuickSilver
    Participant

I have the same problem at times and am trying to figure out how to convert this 10 million candlepower spot light to a flash just for those times that require a pinch more than I have. 😉

caradoc
    Participant

I have the same problem at times and am trying to figure out how to convert this 10 million candlepower spot light to a flash just for those times that require a pinch more than I have. 😉

I’ve been experimenting with a five million candlepower spotlight and long exposures on the tripod.

Seems to be working fairly well, but I don’t really have any examples that I’m willing to point at just yet.

I just started a new job, so I haven’t had time to get anything for this week’s theme.

(sigh)

Snug Tight
    Participant

Yea, I guess i am turning into a “grumpy old man” as my wife calls me. It’s just that it hasn’t rained here in weeks.

swampa
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

heh heh thanks, swampa 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘08-08-07 – Abandon All Hope’ is closed to new replies.