08-08-07 – Abandon All Hope

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-08-07 – Abandon All Hope

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    QuickSilver
    Participant

QuickSilver by not having voting you get left out of the statistics. or at least some of them. to me it’s not worth it.

I just checked the FSM and the numbers have not really been updated since maybe Thursday night, although the date at the bottom of the page says 8/15/07 and 5:04:pm.
    I went to the actual contest and here is the difference in the results for my 3 pics last week.

FSM 16…..8…..4…..votes totaling 28
    Contest 19…..9…..6…..votes totaling 34

Is this a glitch or what?

Curious
    Participant

schnee or Zeke can tell you for sure but i think it has to do with when the FSM grabs the data. basically it’s done when the contest is “over” which generally has been 48 hours after it posts. any votes after that don’t usually change the rankings but like you i’d like to have late votes counted also. votes are votes and those 6 could help your totals over time.

swampa
    Participant

It seems to have died at the 14 hour mark this time (I had noticed this too, but I figured it would sort itself out eventually).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

As I understand it, the FSM grabs votes every hour or so for the first 24 hours, then like once a day for a week, then once a week for a few weeks (schnee can kindly correct me if I’m wrong!). I’m guessing this is a glitch, and one that schnee may not know about–if he doesn’t notice these postings, I’ll send him an email about it later.

zeke
    Participant

schnee or Zeke can tell you for sure

Not it. The FSM is all schnee’s 🙂

Curious
    Participant

just thought you might know when the spider crawled.

and i haven’t seen schnee recently.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘08-08-07 – Abandon All Hope’ is closed to new replies.