08-20-08 – Silhouettes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-20-08 – Silhouettes

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    wrayvynn
    Participant

I only have one shot for tonight (unless something miraculous happens), was torn between entering it into this one or “orange”.

wait…I lied…I have two to submit.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    jpatten
    Participant

wow… I managed to come up with 3.. Thanks to my wife for finding the 3rd one! I didnt think I had anything else and she found that one…..

Snug Tight
    Participant

I found three to enter. Nothting great, but at least I get play this week.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I didn’t think I had anything either, but at lunch break I went through the archives and came up with a few decent ones.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I had a hard time picking three this week so I’m posting couple more here for your enjoyment and/or feedback.

Wall of grass

Floral eclipse of the sun

Twin Peaks tower

Barbed-wire and bokeh

I obviously liked the contest, a lot. I spend too much time taking pictures of the sun I guess, which might explain a few things. 🙂

nobigdeal
    Participant

I had a hard time picking three this week so I’m posting couple more here for your enjoyment and/or feedback.

Wall of grass

Floral eclipse of the sun

Twin Peaks tower

Barbed-wire and bokeh

I obviously liked the contest, a lot. I spend too much time taking pictures of the sun I guess, which might explain a few things. 🙂

I like the barbed wire.

I had a million ideas for this theme but unfortunately didn’t have the time to shoot them.

erond
    Participant

Dang.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a contest, whether I participated or not, where there are so many “yeah, that looks right/good” shots.

KnightsFolly
    Participant

Drat. I uploaded the wrong sunset the first time around. :/

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Do you want to repost and have the other entry deleted?

KnightsFolly
    Participant

I can do that?? If so, yes…please delete my very first entry. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Done 🙂

KnightsFolly
    Participant

Thank you! 🙂

caradoc
    Participant

1) Thanks for the decision, Choc-Ful-A.

2) I’m just happy to get my stuff in before it goes green this time. My schedule for the past three weeks has just sucked.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah. The barbed wire one is really good. It has a nice color gradient that I find pleasing. I like the floral eclipse, too. But there is something about it that bugs me that I can’t put my finger on. Perhaps it is the very narrow depth of field and I would like another part of the flower in focus. Was there a breeze that caused motion blur? Something about the sharpness.

It’s a cool photo nonetheless.

btw, in my opinion, you chose correctly between the wildfire sunset and the wall of grass. Both good, but the one you used is better.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘08-20-08 – Silhouettes’ is closed to new replies.