08-20-08 – Silhouettes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-20-08 – Silhouettes

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    wrayvynn
    Participant

Yeah, I almost wonder how many noobs vote for anyone but themselves, especially with the sudden influx of noobs. This has got to be the WORST personal standing I have ever had (thus far anyway). Soosh, I always love your shots, almost makes me want to move to Juneau, I’m not big on island livin’ though. Perhaps I will visit someday.

And imo, half naked girls are a cheapshot…especially on fark 😛 No offense to corsec or anything, he’s not the only one.

caradoc
    Participant

Not nearly as much a cheap shot as cute children or kittens, I think…

soosh
    Participant

staplermofo, one can’t help but wonder if your Jesus couldn’t use one of these:

caradoc
    Participant

In fact, I’m not going to ever point out any specific examples, but it’s rare that my favorites of any given contest are the crowd favorites, and there’s always something very popular that just doesn’t resonate with me at all.

It’s *Fark*.

You were expecting artistic taste?

soosh
    Participant

In fact, I’m not going to ever point out any specific examples, but it’s rare that my favorites of any given contest are the crowd favorites, and there’s always something very popular that just doesn’t resonate with me at all.

It’s *Fark*.

You were expecting artistic taste?

Oh hell no. Keeps it interesting. It’s almost like my own personal random vote generator, some weeks.

corsec67
    Participant

Me too. Quite often my least favorite of my entries gets the most votes, and then my favorite sometimes gets less than 5 votes.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I notice this alot. The ones I thought were good don’t seem to be doing anything.

I think my through the trees shot would have done better if it weren’t for someones damn road flares!

*shakes fist at soosh*

I did bust 500 votes last week though….only took 400 weeks but hey!

corsec67
    Participant

And imo, half naked girls are a cheapshot…especially on fark 😛 No offense to corsec or anything, he’s not the only one.

Technically they are clothed, top and bottom.

But, they are showing a lot of skin 😈

It is Fark, I sometimes try to appeal to the masses.

Just look at “Go with the flow”, it didn’t work there at all.

wrayvynn
    Participant

LOL, yeah kittens puppies and kids are cheap shots. I almost just went the route of ” got nuthin’ but heres a picture of a cute puppy instead!”

Killerclaw
    Participant

Not to be a dick, but isn’t this a shadow?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Part of it is, part of it isn’t, and the definition of “silhouette” that someone posted a page or two back included screened silhouettes like that, so I think it’s legal.

staplermofo
    Participant

That is awesome.
    I’d like to say more, but I’d also like to not start a religious flamewar.

Did you take that?

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Part of it is, part of it isn’t, and the definition of “silhouette” that someone posted a page or two back included screened silhouettes like that, so I think it’s legal.

I think that someone was me in response to the bug/leaf photo. Sorry if it introduced a loophole the contributors would have preferred not be there.

soosh
    Participant

That is awesome.
    I’d like to say more, but I’d also like to not start a religious flamewar.

Did you take that?

nah, it’s a quick and dirty photoshop from

http://ladyrae.com/images/glass/jesusHalo3.jpg

and

http://pro.corbis.com/images/OOF095.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think that someone was me in response to the bug/leaf photo. Sorry if it introduced a loophole the contributors would have preferred not be there.

Actually, it was erond, who was quoting dictionary definitions. Don’t worry about it…when in doubt, the dictionary definition helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)
  • The topic ‘08-20-08 – Silhouettes’ is closed to new replies.