08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Weapons, military personnel and equipment. Holy Hand Grenades optional.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, sleeping!

caradoc
    Participant

Any specifics as to which military?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nope. Your SCA stuff will almost certainly fit in well.

LeicaLens
    Participant

I will be away travelling without access to the internet, so I will miss this one. Actually, this is one I am quite happy to skip. I come from a largely no-guns allowed society, and live in a no-guns allowed society.
    I was thinking of going off to a nearby castle to shoot samurai swords for this one. Or dressing up in drag and hanging around Sasebo base to pick up a horny American sailor to photograph.
    Mind you, if what I’ve heard about US Navy guys is true, I will have far more chance getting pulled if I DON’T go in drag… 😉

/Helloooo, Sailor Boy!

olavf
    Participant

I *know* they have to have the equivalent in Japan…

//not using it…just saying 😉

LeicaLens
    Participant

I *know* they have to have the equivalent in Japan…

//not using it…just saying 😉

I don’t think the Japanese versions have the “compensating-for-something” bulge down around the waist…

That said, what I wanted to say is that there is stuff I can find here to fit the theme, such as samurai swords and armour, but taking a *good* shot of a museum exhibit (especially behind glass or from a distance) is different from taking a shot for Farktography, if you see what I mean.

Anyway, I’m not complaining about the theme, it’s perfectly open to a wide range of objects and therefore fair. I expect some cool stuff, and I will try to view the competition a week or so later when I have internet access again.

orionid
    Participant

I will be away travelling without access to the internet, so I will miss this one. Actually, this is one I am quite happy to skip. I come from a largely no-guns allowed society, and live in a no-guns allowed society.
    I was thinking of going off to a nearby castle to shoot samurai swords for this one. Or dressing up in drag and hanging around Sasebo base to pick up a horny American sailor to photograph.
    Mind you, if what I’ve heard about US Navy guys is true, I will have far more chance getting pulled if I DON’T go in drag… 😉

/Helloooo, Sailor Boy!

Nah, we’re only gay underway (never queer at the pier). Besides, over there, you’re more likely to find every good ole’ boy from Arkansas that doesn’t want his folks to know he has a secret fetish for tiny little Asian girls.

ravnostic
    Participant

Nah, we’re only gay underway (never queer at the pier). .

That’s it. I’m joining the Navy. I should have listened to the Village People after all.

orionid
    Participant

hahaha!

sleeping
    Participant

Anyone in the Northeast want to meet up for this? http://www.westfieldairshow.net/ it’s excellent timing…..

mopsy
    Participant

Orionid, you’re probably too young but did ever see anything of Dick Schram doing his Absent Minded Professor stunts with the Blue Angels? I worked for him at Chicago Aerial Industries.

orionid
    Participant

Nope, can’t say as I remember that, but after a google search, I wish I would have.

linguine
    Participant

Would a banjo be too smart-assed for this contest?

olavf
    Participant

It depends. How pretty is your mouth?

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m gunning for orionid this contest:

Depth Charges. by pjern, on Flickr

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)
  • The topic ‘08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments’ is closed to new replies.