08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I’m gunning for orionid this contest:

Me, too. Hell, I’m barely even going to try. I have a couple BRIT25thC-type shots, and only for the sake of posting anything at all. But I’m sure the real contestants will rock the house.

orionid
    Participant

I’m gunning for orionid this contest:

Depth Charges. by pjern, on Flickr

Meh. Out ran/dove them before. Whoops. I don’t think I was supposed to say that. I’ll have to kill you all now. 😉

U-Man
    Participant

So. How loose is this one going to be?

Guns and tanks – check
    Military folks – check
    Kitchen knives?
    Plastic army men?
    Ranger Joe’s models?
    Slingshot?
    Blow gun dart? (home made)
    BB gun?
    A sharp pointy stick?

orionid
    Participant

If it were up to me, I’d say those are all good, along with baseball bats, large wrenches and other weapons of opportunity. But it’s not up to me.

/You should have seen the hole that opened around me walking through Penn Station in NYC with a 24 inch chain wrench over my shoulder. I’m guessing 90% of those people had never seen a chain wrench in their lives. A cop stopped me and asked a couple questions about it, and seemed content with “it’s for fixing tractors. I live upstate, I’m taking it to my dad in Virginia.”

U-Man
    Participant

Does anybody (like sleeping or Elsinore) want to chime in? I have some ideas but don’t really want to go through the effort only to have them DC’ed.

lokisbong
    Participant

I would also like to know how strict the rules are this week. More leniency would be cool.

sleeping
    Participant

So. How loose is this one going to be?

Guns and tanks – check
    Military folks – check
    Kitchen knives?
    Plastic army men?
    Ranger Joe’s models?
    Slingshot?
    Blow gun dart? (home made)
    BB gun?
    A sharp pointy stick?

Kitchen knives and sticks would need to be shown in a weaponized context, I think, other than that, it’s all good…

U-Man
    Participant

Kitchen knives and sticks would need to be shown in a weaponized context, I think, other than that, it’s all good…

Cool. Makes sense. I can work with that.

Not that I have specific plans, but what about an obviously toy gun pic like this? –> http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Shooter_2156.jpg

ravnostic
    Participant

Not that I have specific plans, but what about an obviously toy gun pic like this? –> http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Shooter_2156.jpg

That’s just rong. I’m calling the authorities. 😆

U-Man
    Participant

She was slower than the cat. Seriously. He (the kitty) runs away at the sight of my camera since that evening.

lokisbong
    Participant

That made me laugh very loudly.

Thanks for the clarification sleeping.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m glad to see sleeping jump in with the “weaponized context” idea. That was kind of my thought, similar to the Have a Seat theme where any traditional seat was fine and any non-traditional seat if it was shown in context being used as such. I would think toy guns would be ok (and toy soldiers, etc, for that matter), but I’ll defer to sleeping on that.

sleeping
    Participant

Yep, toys and such are fine.

lokisbong
    Participant

Oh far out! I have 2 of the army jeep set from Lego. I can maybe work out a idea with those along with the 2 I know I want to use.

QueenBee
    Participant

Ok so toy weapons are ok. How about something like a pocket knife (which I don’t even have but what I have is close) I’m not big on weapons so we don’t have any in the house and I have no time to go sweet talk myself onto the base..although there are constantly fighter jets flying over…if only i could get a good shot 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 174 total)
  • The topic ‘08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments’ is closed to new replies.