09-02-09 – Colour Popping

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-02-09 – Colour Popping

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    GregScott
    Participant

Mercy for a newbie for whom all moments are elder momennts:
    I can’t find in any of the Faqs or informative threads
    A. Where and when to submit photos. (What thread, what forum, what website.
    B. Same question as above, but with reference to voting.
    I’ve actually spent quite a bit of time looking, so perhaps the info could be modified. The “How to Participate” page was where I particularly expected to find it, but didn’t.
    Thanks.

linguine
    Participant

The contests are on fark.com. So if you don’t have an account there you will need to create one to be able to post. The contest starts for totalfarkers at 8PM eastern time and at midnight for the regular farkers. One of us will put up a link to the specific thread on fark in this thread and a link will also show up at the top of the farktography website or you will find it as the first Thursday link on fark.

linguine
    Participant

Also on fark images cant be wider than 640 pixels and I think the file size is somewhere around 180 mb, but most people tend to keep it closer to 100 to be safe since its a fuzzy limit.

GregScott
    Participant

The contests are on fark.com. So if you don’t have an account there you will need to create one to be able to post. The contest starts for totalfarkers at 8PM eastern time and at midnight for the regular farkers. One of us will put up a link to the specific thread on fark in this thread and a link will also show up at the top of the farktography website or you will find it as the first Thursday link on fark.

So entries can be posted in totalfark after midnight wednesday night, and after it goes green on normalfark. When does voting begin and photo submissions get locked off? does it ever move from normalfark?

Enquiring minds want to know. Or at least foggy ones.

nobigdeal
    Participant

So entries can be posted in totalfark after midnight wednesday night, and after it goes green on normalfark. When does voting begin and photo submissions get locked off? does it ever move from normalfark?

Enquiring minds want to know. Or at least foggy ones.

If you are a Totalfark subscriber you can post @ 8pm EST on Wednesday.

Non Totalfarkers (Liters) can post after midnight when the thread goes live.

Voting starts at midnight Wednesday and usually runs into Saturday sometime.

You can post photos up until the thread closes on Saturday but you probably won’t get any votes that late.

orionid
    Participant

/deleted post. Apparently double-tapped submit.

orionid
    Participant

Word of caution from friends I’ve talked into submitting from time to time: Fark imposes a 24 hour block from when you open your account, to when you’re allowed to make your first post. So be sure to create your fark.com account before tuesday night.

/probably minimizes the number of one-shot anger posts in hot threads.

thepostess
    Participant

^^I was going to mention the 24 hour rule. Was frustrating for me when I got my own account as I used to use my husband’s.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

Does it have to be only one color left, or can I leave two or three?

3Horn
    Participant

I think the file size is somewhere around 180 mb, but most people tend to keep it closer to 100 to be safe since its a fuzzy limit.

Damn! Them’s some big pics! Oh wait, that’s millibits….Damn! Them’s some tiny pics!

I’m sure you meant kb, but I had to have a little fun.

swampa
    Participant

Does it have to be only one color left, or can I leave two or three?

It isn’t that you are limiting an image to one/two colours, it is that you are leaving a/some select object(s) in colour and removing the colour from the rest of the scene. That means that your object(s) can have many colours and that isn’t a problem (for example, you could have a rainbow in colour with the rest of the scene desaturated).

Hope that helps.

linguine
    Participant

I think the file size is somewhere around 180 mb, but most people tend to keep it closer to 100 to be safe since its a fuzzy limit.

Damn! Them’s some big pics! Oh wait, that’s millibits….Damn! Them’s some tiny pics!

I’m sure you meant kb, but I had to have a little fun.

Yeah, I meant kb, but just for that we’ll limit you to millibits for this contest.

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m pleased to announce (for those who cared) that a friend has given me his copy of Photoshop Elements that he doesn’t use and I have colorpopped my other 2 choices. My husband doesn’t have to do it for me any more. Yay! I’m all ready for this contest and the images have been properly uploaded to Photobucket so unless Photobucket crashes and loses my pictures, or something else happens, I can just post and go. Woot!

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’m pleased to announce (for those who cared) that a friend has given me his copy of Photoshop Elements that he doesn’t use and I have colorpopped my other 2 choices. My husband doesn’t have to do it for me any more. Yay! I’m all ready for this contest and the images have been properly uploaded to Photobucket so unless Photobucket crashes and loses my pictures, or something else happens, I can just post and go. Woot!

Yay for doing it yourself!

lokisbong
    Participant

Congrats on getting it done yourself. It took me an hour or two to figure it out and finish my first attempt with a tutorial for gimp so I understand .

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘09-02-09 – Colour Popping’ is closed to new replies.