09-08-10 – The Camera Made Me Do It

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-08-10 – The Camera Made Me Do It

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

We all take photos of stuff that is just..odd. Stuff that ‘normal people’ don’t notice and certainly wouldn’t photograph. We take these pics because photography is on the front-burner. And some of them just might work. This should be the place to show the stuff you shoot that no one sees otherwise.

Thanks to U-Man for the theme suggestion!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

(also, I had a note about tightening up the theme description–U-Man, if you want to edit it in any way, let me know)

U-Man
    Participant

I don’t know what to do about re-wording. I hope this theme produces some coolness. I hope it doesn’t flop. To be honest, I don’t have a really clear idea of what should be in here. 🙂

I’m tired. I don’t want to think about it too hard. I’d be OK just leaving the goofiness as-is.

Anybody want to chime in?

Kestrana
    Participant

Subjects you only noticed because you were looking for something to take a picture of?
    Photograph odd things that only a photographer would be likely to notice?
    Photograph “unseen interestingness” – the odd and strange things only photographers see?

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m tired. I don’t want to think about it too hard. I’d be OK just leaving the goofiness as-is.

Anybody want to chime in?

😥

😡 Suck it up, buttercup! 😡

You ain’t allowed to sleep nor rest until you firm this up–no excuses!

😯

I jest. 😉

As a TD I was thinking along the lines of, “Pictures where the theme title is your explanation–or excuse.”

And leave it at that. Should provide some interesting shots, I would hope.

olavf
    Participant

I was talking to someone the other day – don’t ask me who because it’s 1:30am and I’ve given up on sleep, and just hope I pass out soon – about photographers versus ‘picture takers’ because someone was being all “I could take those shots” to them, and my retort-by-proxy was “but you wouldn’t have”. That’s my take on this one, but I’m not sure how to shore it up in contest words :/

U-Man
    Participant

Photograph odd things that only a photographer would be likely to notice?
    Photograph “unseen interestingness” – the odd and strange things only photographers see?

These are along the right lines.

/letting subconscious chew on it…

U-Man
    Participant

Olavf‘s “but you wouldn’t have” concept fits in there, too.

Rav‘, I don’t want the photo to be dependent on the title or caption.

lokisbong
    Participant

I also agree 100% with olavf. I am having a hard time finding pictures that fit the theme but only because I have not been out this week much and am looking through the archives . and thats a lot of pictures to look through.

Kestrana
    Participant

I don’t know why but I knew *exactly* what you meant in the original t&d…just it’s hard to put in concise words. I’ve had my picture chosen for this theme since Marchish…

U-Man
    Participant

Unless I or one of you has the perfect re-write, I say we leave it messy.

Kes‘ – That’s funny because I have no idea what I am going to use. I just know that I like this way of looking at the world.

ravnostic
    Participant

Unless I or one of you has the perfect re-write, I say we leave it messy.

Kes‘ – That’s funny because I have no idea what I am going to use. I just know that I like this way of looking at the world.

It’s like the series ‘Lost’, then. Nobody really will know what it was about until it’s over. Fortunately, we won’t have to wait 6 seasons for the results.

I have a gig-load of pics I’m considering. I’ll pick all the wrong ones, I’m sure. I still don’t get ‘Lost’, after all.

orionid
    Participant

I like the theme. I have gut-fell of where it’s supposed to go. Haven’t archive-dug, and haven’t gone out yet, although I do have one recent shot in mind. As far as Lost, I saw one episode (my old roomie was a fanatic) and it made me cry. It was three days after I sold my camaro (’73, red with white racing stripes) and it featured a “flash-forward” of the fat guy running from the cops in an “Early 70’s” red camaro with white racing stripes and destroyed it in a crash.

ravnostic
    Participant

Went out multitasking, laundry plus shooting for ‘Labor Day’. Wound up with a picture for this theme, I think. Go figure.

I don’t really know how to say it succinctly. But I know I shoot stuff that others don’t even see. I want that stuff that you shoot in this theme.

This tidbit from the theme suggestion box is actually quite helpful.

QueenBee
    Participant

So for example, the people I work for have this floor to ceiling area of tiny glass blocks next to their door. It allows light in and for them to kind of see who’s by the door without worrying if they’re naked or not 😛 I saw it as an awesome repetitive pattern that could change colors depending on the direction you looked.

Fits theme?

http://tinypic.com/r/a2ewi1/7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 136 total)
  • The topic ‘09-08-10 – The Camera Made Me Do It’ is closed to new replies.