09-14-11 – Summer Daze

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-14-11 – Summer Daze

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

Man, I’ve really got to get used to contests going up at 2 PM now. Unfortunately, t’s a really awkward time for me-right between class (1-2) and colloquium (3ish to 4:30). I completely spaced it this week until just now. D’oh.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Not that I really have time to archive dive now, but the shots should be from summer this year, right?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t think the year is important as long as they were taken in the summer/capture summer.

LeicaLens
    Participant

I don’t think the year is important as long as they were taken in the summer/capture summer.

Hmm, that makes things more difficult.
    Thanks anyway!

LeicaLens
    Participant
    orionid
    Participant
    Curious
    Participant

now she tells me 🙂

personally (and despite having crap) i think just this summer is better.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah I had to archive dive this time because there is nothing that says summer in any of the pictures I have taken since I moved to the desert. lol. My pictures from December could be summer pictures for the most part. And on top of that I put off picking pictures until about half an hour ago because I thought this was tuesday. Doh!!!

bender16v
    Participant

Kestrana, May I ask what settings you used for your “hiking light” photo? I really like it. I was hiking Monday and tried to capture a similar shot but was unsuccessful. I’m guessing it has something to do with exposure compensation but I don’t know how that works yet.

U-Man
    Participant

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/E_9254.jpg

WOW

NOW you tell me. I had four Word docs set up for my submissions. I chose the 4 year old in the pool with goggles instead of this one.

Shoulda picked this one. :/

That’s how the game goes.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/E_9254.jpg

WOW

NOW you tell me. I had four Word docs set up for my submissions. I chose the 4 year old in the pool with goggles instead of this one.

Shoulda picked this one. :/

That’s how the game goes.

Given how well the 4 yr old in the pool shot is doing, I don’t think you have to worry 😉

justkat
    Participant

I will never understand voters. That is all.

Okay, not all: I’m not saying I should do better than someone else or even than I am…. It’s just the ORDER of them! 😉

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I will never understand voters. That is all.

Okay, not all: I’m not saying I should do better than someone else or even than I am…. It’s just the ORDER of them! 😉

I think we’ve all felt that at one time or another. I sometimes try to post my pics in the order I think they’ll finish in (though I didn’t this week), and I’m usually baffled when it turns out completely reversed from what I predicted.

Yugoboy
    Participant

My general rule of thumb is to post in the order I shot them.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I post them more or less randomly. Sometimes I’ll post them in the order that I like them, but most often it’s random.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • The topic ‘09-14-11 – Summer Daze’ is closed to new replies.