09-21-11 – Airborne

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-21-11 – Airborne

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I was told that there would be no math.

U-Man
    Participant

Some weeks I look at the pics in front of mine and think to myself, “Geez. Mine is as good as that one.” Not this week. There were so many good entries and Aspidites certainly deserve to lead the pack.

Asp‘ – do you have really good long lenses or good technique or what?… Those eagles just POP. I swear that they look like you used a flash.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Some weeks I look at the pics in front of mine and think to myself, “Geez. Mine is as good as that one.”

Surely that doesn’t happen often with as often as you win or place in the top 3, right? 😆 I know, I know, I’ll stop calling you Shirley 😉

sleeping
    Participant

I was told that there would be no math.

If I’ve learned one thing, it’s “there is always math”.

aspidites
    Participant

Some weeks I look at the pics in front of mine and think to myself, “Geez. Mine is as good as that one.” Not this week. There were so many good entries and Aspidites certainly deserve to lead the pack.

Asp‘ – do you have really good long lenses or good technique or what?… Those eagles just POP. I swear that they look like you used a flash.

Thanks U-Man

I used a 70-200 f2.8 on the eagle shots they were taken with a focal length of 135 both manual metered at 1/250, f5.0 for one the other was f8.0 both of them were taken around 19:30. The sun was to my back so no flash was needed. I use a tripod for everything I shoot. I have changed some of the settings on my camera, I have changed my focus button from the shutter release to the * on the back of the camera. This helps keep the focus locked on a moving target. Once you have your focus locked on you just hold the * down while you fire the shutter.

kashari
    Participant

Congrats to aspidities this week–a very well deserved win!

Thanks 😀

It’s been a pretty good week.

1st time I got above 3rd place here.

This photo made it to the finalist on BetterPhoto

http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=12110178

and I got a deal with a greeting card company, they are interested in 8 pictures so far and they are useing this one in their fall line up.

http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=689571

😀 😀

Those are fantastic pictures, as were your entries last week, congrats!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Congrats on the win, aspidites! Love all your photos, and the stories/explanations of technique are a bonus. Add me to the list of those who are drooling in antici-pation for whatever you choose to enter for “Wild Things”!

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • The topic ‘09-21-11 – Airborne’ is closed to new replies.