10-05-11 – Where the Wild Things Are

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-05-11 – Where the Wild Things Are

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, I’d prefer to keep it “animal” as it’d be interpreted in the common fellah’s vernacular; in other words, no “bugs”, insects, arachnids. Perhaps we should include something like that in the theme description?

olavf
    Participant

That’s not a bad idea, really. A simple ‘no pets, no invertebrates’ would probably do.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Zero, as long as they’re not caged, that’s fine. I have a few “wild animals in my backyard” that I plan to use.

I just re-read this and saw that it could possibly be misinterpreted, so just to be clear: Animals caged as pets are out; caged, normally wild animals (like at a zoo) are OK.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I really hate to ask this, but is there any way we could push this back a couple of weeks? Would that cause a problem for anyone?

I’m going to be out on vacation with limited net access during this time and I’d hate to miss my own theme. I could use my autoposter, but that would require the time to prep my images before leaving and I’m sure you all know that vacation isn’t really time off, it’s just time shifted, so I’m really pressed for time before I leave.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not opposed to moving it, but it requires either reshuffling everything else, or finding another theme in the hopper that we can shoehorn in quickly that wouldn’t be difficult for people to do with little notice.

olavf
    Participant

Infrastructure or B&W (even though we just had a classic) could be shoe-horned in pretty easily, I think. Or possibly watercraft, which I’m going to have to shoot for soon, personally, before the season ends anyhow.

(and I wouldn’t say no to having more time to shoot something besides deer and bunnies either)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

In the grand scheme of things, it’s no big deal, so if it’s a hassle for anyone, don’t worry about it. I’ll live. 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

B/w would probably be easiest to substitute. I don’t mind, but I’d like a consensus agreement on changing things. Anyone bitterly opposed?

ravnostic
    Participant

no opposition here…

orionid
    Participant

+1

zincprincess
    Participant

I agree that B&W and Infrastructure are good candidates for switching out. Also, no opposition to the change.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I have no issues pushing it off. It will give me more time to wait till the last minute to shoot. B&W is a good substitution.

clouddancer
    Participant

B&W fine to substitute. I may not end up with anything anyway with hunting season, etc, coming up so deer and turkeys aren’t really around right now and don’t know when they will be. I did see some turkeys a week or so ago and my first thought was that I wish I had my camera with me.

kashari
    Participant

I have no issues pushing it off. It will give me more time to wait till the last minute to shoot. B&W is a good substitution.

agreeance from here.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

‘kay if no one is opposed as of 3pm Farkistan time tomorrow (Aug 24), I’ll substitute B/W for this one, and schedule Wild Things for the next open slot in the schedule.

/huuuuuh huuh….slot.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)
  • The topic ‘10-05-11 – Where the Wild Things Are’ is closed to new replies.