10-05-11 – Where the Wild Things Are

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-05-11 – Where the Wild Things Are

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Oh shoot, I’ve got a shot of two winged insects that I wanted to use. 🙁

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m aware this is pushing it, but what about stuffed animals? Not of horses, dogs, cats, etc, but of moose, caribou, frogs? Please? The wildlife here has pretty much gone missing, or it only comes out at night when I’m asleep, so either way I’m not seeing a whole crapton of turkeys going through our yard.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, we’ve allowed lego representations in other threads, so as long as they’re “wild” animals, I’m of the mind to allow it, but I think it’ll have to be really creative to compete with the real things coming from the likes of aspidites. What say the rest of ye?

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’m aware this is pushing it, but what about stuffed animals? Not of horses, dogs, cats, etc, but of moose, caribou, frogs? Please? The wildlife here has pretty much gone missing, or it only comes out at night when I’m asleep, so either way I’m not seeing a whole crapton of turkeys going through our yard.

The way the description is written it does not say if the animals are real or stuffed.

ravnostic
    Participant

I don’t object either, though I agree with CISS regarding the competition angle. If allowed, though, I’d also suggest that Kermit–is a domesticated frog.

clouddancer
    Participant

I don’t expect they will do well, either. I’m just trying to fill out my submissions, think outside the box, etc. Of CO, with aspidites picture profile, I won’t even have a chance in hell at 1, 2, or 3, and the rest of you mean I likely won’t even be in the top 50 either, so I’m just going to have fun.

ravnostic
    Participant

I don’t expect they will do well, either. I’m just trying to fill out my submissions, think outside the box, etc. Of CO, with aspidites picture profile, I won’t even have a chance in hell at 1, 2, or 3, and the rest of you mean I likely won’t even be in the top 50 either, so I’m just going to have fun.

It really is all about the fun. I don’t think the ‘rest of us’ have a chance at 1,2, or 3 either, with aspidites portfolio. 🙄

…unless I happen to be attacked by a bear in Colorado this weekend, and capture it’s approach. And survive. And get someone to bring me my camera and laptop and various accessories in the hospital. And not be too doped up to post process. And not be in reconstructive surgery during the contest posting period.

…that’s a lot of ‘ands’ to overcome, not withstanding the original premise.

//I’d accept a moose attack, if it comes down to it. Elk, even. By gods, I hope I get to photograph something bigger than a bread box. 🙂

ennuipoet
    Participant

It really is all about the fun. I don’t think the ‘rest of us’ have a chance at 1,2, or 3 either, with aspidites portfolio. 🙄

I am sitting on two damn good shots with which I intend to give aspidites a hard run! 😛

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Oh crap, ennui, I forgot about your awesome gorilla shot. You guys are really gonna make this one tough, aren’t ya?

Yugoboy
    Participant

I intend to finish in the bottom half of the voting like always.

But it’ll be a good contest anyway. Looking forward to seeing what neato stuff people got.

Kestrana
    Participant

I have 3 strong shots as well. You never know what resonates with voters. Never count yourself out.

aspidites
    Participant

I have 3 strong shots as well. You never know what resonates with voters. Never count yourself out.

You’re right and I have seen way to many good shots on here to think I can throw up 3 pics and walk away with it. When you are dealing with farkers you never know what will happen 🙂

[/img]

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s true; with farkers you never know. And I have my 3 pics (well, 1 taken, two planned) if/when I’m not attacked by photogenic bears. But in that case, I’m going with the ‘humor’ angle.

//Off to Colorado now, bai. Hoping to make the Goosenecks by dawn.

olavf
    Participant

Ravnostic – bring your sister with. I hear they make excellent m??se bait.
    /mind you, m??se bites can be nasti

I think I’ve got one good shot, maybe two but just barely.

Kestrana
    Participant

Sicing polar bears on fellow Farktographers isn’t against the rules of Farktography, but it probably would be considered in bad taste.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 153 total)
  • The topic ‘10-05-11 – Where the Wild Things Are’ is closed to new replies.