10-14-09 – Software Hootennany

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-14-09 – Software Hootennany

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

Ok, as I’m playing with this, I have to ask. Is it only filter stuff we can do, or are brush strokes allowed? Specifically, the impressionist brush is fun and a few other tools, but I’m still not sure how it will end up yet, so I’m asking.

Also, should we post a link to the original so people can see what we did/where we started from?

Thanks!

I believe that would be fine since its along the lines of making a photo look like its stained glass.

U-Man
    Participant

NoBigDeal, that Topaz Adjust looks pretty cool. Is it based on HDR? Is it HDR?

U-Man
    Participant

I haven’t done it yet. But if anyone out there plans on buying that Topaz stuff, there is a 10% coupon code “STUCKINCUSTOMS”.

nobigdeal
    Participant

NoBigDeal, that Topaz Adjust looks pretty cool. Is it based on HDR? Is it HDR?

It’s not HDR it works off of a single JPEG image.

Mostly manipulating contrast, saturation, and unsharp mask.

On certain images it really is cool.

I use it on band shots, it really helps with shots that are borderline no good from my P&S.

Cars work pretty good to.

Definitely one of my more favorite photoshop applications

U-Man
    Participant

Now I want that Chevelle too.

thepostess
    Participant

What a sweet looking car.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Bone stock 68 SS 396.

Yea very sweet.

thepostess
    Participant

I grew up in a ’70 Chevelle. It was my Mom’s.

orionid
    Participant

I grew up in a ’70 Chevelle. It was my Mom’s.

Your parents were obviously waaaaay cooler. I grew up in a 73 suburban with the 454 gas-guzzler dog motor.

/want that 396 though….

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh yeah?? Well I grew up in a…a…Toyota Camry.

/put 225,000 miles on her
    //has lots of cool pictures of a bunch of Porsche 356’s, though

nobigdeal
    Participant

I have had 1965 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 75 77 & 81 Chevelles.
    At one time I had ten 67 Chevelles in my parents yard.
    Wish I still had them today.

clouddancer
    Participant

Another question about the filters and stuff. Does it all have to be applied to the whole image or can it be selected parts? I’m playing with an apple blossom picture and I got the blossom part I wanted selected and moved to another layer and I was playing around with making the rest of the image like water, or plastic wrap (the filter options available). So, is doing that ok, the selected parts, or does it have to be across the whole thing? I think I just got way wordier than I needed to, but oh well. Thanks!

Sorry to interrupt the car talk. To be honest, most of it loses me. The best I can do is that my Dad at one point had a 1970 copper colored Dodge Challenger with black leather interior (I think it was that), i don’t know the engine, but they found the original radio in the trunk. He was restoring it and had to sell it, but fortunately he managed to sell it to someone who wanted to restore it so all his work didn’t go to waste.

olavf
    Participant

Another question about the filters and stuff. Does it all have to be applied to the whole image or can it be selected parts? I’m playing with an apple blossom picture and I got the blossom part I wanted selected and moved to another layer and I was playing around with making the rest of the image like water, or plastic wrap (the filter options available). So, is doing that ok, the selected parts, or does it have to be across the whole thing? I think I just got way wordier than I needed to, but oh well. Thanks!

My assumption is that that would be acceptable – not really all that different from selective desaturation if you think about it. You just can’t add or remove individual elements from the picture.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

As long as you aren’t removing major image elements or adding them (e.g. cloning out trees or pasting in Elvis), you should be fine.

Kestrana
    Participant

This is a contest where I too am going to hit random buttons and see what happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)
  • The topic ‘10-14-09 – Software Hootennany’ is closed to new replies.