10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m inclined to agree with U-Man. And technically, it would be a moon since the parlance of our times also defines moon as a bared butt.

orionid
    Participant

Like a box full of “A perfect circle” CDs?

Don’t be a TOOL.

Well played, Sir. Well played. At high volume on my drive home today, even.

U-Man
    Participant

Like a box full of “A perfect circle” CDs?

Don’t be a TOOL.

Well played, Sir. Well played. At high volume on my drive home today, even.

I knew you would get it.

And I’m sorry if I sounded terse with my 2 cents about the butt shot. I just re-read my comment. I’m not at all the final word and it’s OK if the theme gets that loose. I was really just chiming in.

Uranus
    Participant

is this round enough? (not a zebra’s arse…)

DSC_0524 by J-B., on Flickr

ravnostic
    Participant

re aspidites zebra, I’m inclined to think of Fark as a humorous place, so I’m all for it (even though it would do really well and possibly win and though I have nothing–nothing yet–for this theme, despite my suggesting it).

But if the mods prefer a more literal interpretation, we can go that way. If such is the case, then I’m not sure the pic by Uranus (insert another butt joke here) would really fit.

I’m off to get props. I hate suggesting a theme and having nothing.

orionid
    Participant

Maybe if it were a Kardashian backside, that would be round enough?

mopsy
    Participant

Okay, I was looking for spherical not just round. Opens up a whole new area.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I guess I was thinking of “circular” as being not quite the same as “round” but I guess it would be. Maybe I’m reading too literally.

Kestrana
    Participant

Where as I was thinking it was okay, for example I have a picture of the inside of a circular room. You can’t see the whole circle of course but it’s clearly round – which is how I feel on Uranus’ pic.

aspidites’ zebra, while humorous, does imo violate the “no moon” clause tho 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

I guess I was thinking of “circular” as being not quite the same as “round” but I guess it would be. Maybe I’m reading too literally.

I picked ’round or spherical’ in the descript to allow for two-dimensional (or practically; coins, etc) objects–elsewise we’d have a thread of nothing but balls (or nearly so.)

I think we have 3 (4?) nays for the zebra, aspidites (pun intended). I’m sure we’ll have a posterior contest at some point though… 🙂

orionid
    Participant

So would a moon jellyfish likewise be out because of the name? What if I used one of it’s other names like Common Jelly or Saucer Jelly? Or it’s genus/species Aurelia Aurita?

orionid
    Participant

elsewise we’d have a thread of nothing but balls

heh heh… BALLS… heh

aspidites
    Participant

elsewise we’d have a thread of nothing but balls

heh heh… BALLS… heh

Balls? check!

ravnostic
    Participant

Note to mods– *I* was not the one who went there. Just sayin’.

The descript kinda says “but not THE moon”. I think it’s pretty clear which one sharing that name isn’t welcome. Jellyfishes (which, also and by the way, aren’t fishes) are welcome. But maybe we should add something along the lines of ‘and no ass cheeks, either.’?

orionid
    Participant

I’ll just leave this here. Consider it an early “B”:

Obviously. by Orionid, on Flickr

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…’ is closed to new replies.