10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Round or spherical things. But not the moon.

Theme suggestion courtsey of ravnostic–thanks!

olavf
    Participant

Ugh. For the first time in three years, I just realized that I’ve really got nothing. Wish me luck :/

U-Man
    Participant

So. Can I use this great picture of the moon that I have?

/sorry. had to get that out of the way.

U-Man
    Participant

For real this time. Do you think that something circular, like a coin, would work if you shot it from the side, thereby making it oval?

linguine
    Participant

I think that would work, it just says that the object just has to be round, not appear as a circle in the picture.

ravnostic
    Participant

I think that would work, it just says that the object just has to be round, not appear as a circle in the picture.

This. Round-‘ish’ even–a perfect circle isn’t required. There are boxes of which to think outside.

orionid
    Participant

This. Round-‘ish’ even–a perfect circle isn’t required. There are boxes of which to think outside.

Like a box full of “A perfect circle” CDs?

Yugoboy
    Participant

How much does it have to appear “round”?

One of the ones I’ve uploaded and prepped for Wednesday is from inside the Pantheon in Rome. There’s curves, and half of the oculus is visible. If it’s not kosher, I’ve got time to make a change. I’ve got a few dome interiors I opted against using I could go back to.

ravnostic
    Participant

How much does it have to appear “round”?

One of the ones I’ve uploaded and prepped for Wednesday is from inside the Pantheon in Rome. There’s curves, and half of the oculus is visible. If it’s not kosher, I’ve got time to make a change. I’ve got a few dome interiors I opted against using I could go back to.

From a contest standpoint, I think that shot would be fine.

From a voting angle, though, I expect there’s going to be a lot of Star Wars fans (duh), and they might be put off by the oculus being cut off of the frame.

But it’s farking voters. So who can really say for sure?

One of my potentials is of an ancient seashore bed, which 1) looks like it’s taken on the surface of a moon (not the theme), complete with algae circles (which are round) and two rocks that each look like someone split a moon into 1/2’s by heat, then let theme solidify on the rocky ground. sure it fits–but ‘I wonder what the voters will think’ is always among my final selection criteria.

I’m not one to get too picky about the devil-in-the-details ‘rules’ (within reason, of course). If it speaks of ‘that’s notta moon’ to you, go for it.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Is the sun a viable sphere for this contest?

Kestrana
    Participant

The sun is round and not the moon, so I don’t see why not.

aspidites
    Participant

Is that roundish enough not to be a moon? 😯

U-Man
    Participant

Like a box full of “A perfect circle” CDs?

Don’t be a TOOL.

ravnostic
    Participant

You bastid. 😡 Thinking outside the box (but within it’s view–that’s a mare, no?), then that looks like a moon, but is, in fact, not a moon. Well played. 8)

So, then, who’d like to compete for 2nd place? 🙄

//edit, removed pic repost.

U-Man
    Participant

You bastid. 😡 Thinking outside the box (but within it’s view–that’s a mare, no?), then that looks like a moon, but is, in fact, not a moon. Well played. 8)

So, then, who’d like to compete for 2nd place? 🙄

//edit, removed pic repost.

I’m usually the guy saying, “sure, that’s fine” with these questions. But that’s not round enough for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…’ is closed to new replies.