10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Plama thankfully not, as far as I know 😉

bandy
    Participant

bandy just blur the shot, mark it as nsfw and link to the original. I’ve done it 😉

A good way to get the sympathy vote, no doubt. Actually my favorite self-shot has something round in it that’s not me.

olavf
    Participant

Bandy, actually, no, not really. For the most part, blurred images don’t do that well voting-wise. I think that’s doubly so for naked wimmens. I suspect a large portion of the voting community does so from work – at least the Thursday morning crowd – so they don’t /can’t click through to see the shot. A secondary reason (and this is also conjecture) is that those pictures have zero ‘grab’ when people are scrolling through the links. Joe Voter is looking for the shots that have immediate pull and seldom seem to click through to the ‘pops larger’ anyhow. Subtlety doesn’t play very well in voting either, from my experience.

orionid
    Participant

Bandy, actually, no, not really. For the most part, blurred images don’t do that well voting-wise. I think that’s doubly so for naked wimmens. I suspect a large portion of the voting community does so from work – at least the Thursday morning crowd – so they don’t /can’t click through to see the shot. A secondary reason (and this is also conjecture) is that those pictures have zero ‘grab’ when people are scrolling through the links. Joe Voter is looking for the shots that have immediate pull and seldom seem to click through to the ‘pops larger’ anyhow. Subtlety doesn’t play very well in voting either, from my experience.

I would very much tend to agree, however there’s always exceptions. One of my favorite farktography shots (though I don’t remember who from) was in the hands theme, and it was a subtle reflection of a hand on a razor blade. Also, my censored, pops-to-uncensored self-photo of me cranking off in the shower for Kid at Heart took second place. So occasionally, it is still worth the gamble, but as Olavf said, not usually.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to aspidites this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to aspidites on the individual win and to U-Man for the win in combined. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

// OddMind, that is one delicious looking tomato.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘10-19-11 – That’s No Moon…’ is closed to new replies.