10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us where you’ve been.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, Morningbreath!

lokisbong
    Participant

heh . I plan on taking a lot of pictures this weekend while I move to Nevada. Hope I get some good stuff.

oi_piss_me_off
    Participant

ooo, this is going to be a hard to pick for…

ravnostic
    Participant

Which of the 1500 shots between Detroit and Tucson shall I choose…

clouddancer
    Participant

I’ve been lots of places. Unfortunately, most of them were when I was young and with my sister and our parents, and my Dad was taking most (or all) of the pictures so I can’t use any of those. I’ll have to see what I can find. Might have to scan in some pictures from scrapbooks of the ones I definitely took.

Uranus
    Participant

are panoramas a go for this one?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

They weren’t planned to be.

Uranus
    Participant

bugger…will have to find summat else, then.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Show us where you’ve been.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, Morningbreath!

Where haven’t I been!?
    Woof!

ennuipoet
    Participant

In the immortal words of Buckaroo Banzai, “Where ever you go, there you are” so travel could be construed loosely? So, when we say travel photography is there a mileage limit or a geographic boundary? What I am saying is, these days, traveling to another Borough is a big endeavor and constitutes a “trip”.

Hey, I don’t get out of the City much!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see why that would be a problem.

LeicaLens
    Participant

In the immortal words of Buckaroo Banzai, “Where ever you go, there you are” so travel could be construed loosely? So, when we say travel photography is there a mileage limit or a geographic boundary? What I am saying is, these days, traveling to another Borough is a big endeavor and constitutes a “trip”.

Hey, I don’t get out of the City much!

There’s a Bilbo Baggins quote somewhere in there….
    Damn those hobbits and their folksy wisdom.

Anyway, that raises a pretty key point. I mean, I go off somewhere–anywhere–and I usually take a camera with me, but I wouldn’t define that as travel photography.

Because with a loose definition, pretty much anything goes.

*if this post makes no sense, I apologise. I should have gone to bed 5 hours ago.

ennuipoet
    Participant

There’s a Bilbo Baggins quote somewhere in there….
    Damn those hobbits and their folksy wisdom.

Anyway, that raises a pretty key point. I mean, I go off somewhere–anywhere–and I usually take a camera with me, but I wouldn’t define that as travel photography.

Because with a loose definition, pretty much anything goes.

*if this post makes no sense, I apologise. I should have gone to bed 5 hours ago.

I get your point. I mean I travel a lot of places in the City, and I always have my camera. I am kind of giving myself the limitation that I went to someplace specifically to take photos not just because I was going there anyway. For simplicity sake we should probably give some sort of guideline, like the City limits, or at least Zip Code.

LeicaLens
    Participant

I get your point. I mean I travel a lot of places in the City, and I always have my camera. I am kind of giving myself the limitation that I went to someplace specifically to take photos not just because I was going there anyway. For simplicity sake we should probably give some sort of guideline, like the City limits, or at least Zip Code.

I think city limits at the very least, but it’s not my theme, so it’s not my decision. I wouldn’t mind some clarification on this…

ravnostic
    Participant

Ravnostic: [swears he posted this last night, but given his drinking habits, mayhaps not.]

My thoughts on ‘Travel’:

If you’re someplace you wouldn’t be in your regular routine (including employment ventures), it’s traveling.

If you go someplace specifically to take pictures (esp. for one of these contests), it’s traveling.

If you walk three paces without the ball touching the court, it’s traveling.

Okay, maybe two out of three, for this contest’s purposes.

“Show us where you’ve been.” = pretty open, and let the voters decide the finer points.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘10-20-10 – Travel Photography’ is closed to new replies.