10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Mercy buckets!

orionid
    Participant

Yep, got em all restored. One from orionid, too.

Damnit. I was about to say that I’ve never had a problem with godaddy hosting.

U-Man
    Participant

Fark is farked.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

beerspill still reports everything’s OK, so it may be related to what we’ve seen with our own sites (i.e., backbone-related).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Should be back up.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m leaving shortly for an overnight with our Brownie troop, so I’ve already done the contingent Fark thread congrats. Should I survive the night, I’ll offer congrats here in the morning.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

*wipes hands on pants*

FYI Elsinore, stuhayes2010 has four entries.

P.S.good luck with your girl’s night out. It must be warmer where you are, because the overnight temps here are already below freezing 😥
    Boo winter.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

girl’s

😳 apostrophe fail – and that’s a pet peeve of mine too!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good catch, the 4th is gone now. And we’re doing an indoor overnight for this first one to ease them into things. So we won’t be roughing it too much. Other than dealing with a lot of little ones all at once 😉 Ok, seriously out of here. See ya’ll on the flip side.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Ranger Joe this week!

ravnostic
    Participant

I have gots to gets me to Slot Canyon. Nice shot, RJ; congrats!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats, Ranger Joe/cameraflage. Very cool shot. Kinda reminds me of The Wave, which is on my places-to-go short list.

As for me, I think I need to stop watching the contest so closely. I had no idea that I had a top ten in there and had I just checked in today and saw that one finished 9th, I’d be thrilled. Instead, seeing it hang out around #2 until the last day and then slide to 9th is a bit disappointing in a way. I know, I know, I’m sure you’re all crying buckets for me. 🙂

I can’t really argue with the voters, though – there’s not really a pic that beat me that I’d feel justified in saying shouldn’t. Lotsa nice photos from everyone this week.

cameraflage
    Participant

Woo hoo!

Ravnostic, yes, you must head north and see Antelope Canyon. There’s a tour office run by Navajos in Page (the canyon is on the Navajo Nation, so you have to go with a Navajo guide). Sign up for the photographer’s tour, which is about three hours (figure about half an hour there and back). This was shot in the more-accessible Upper Antelope Canyon, which is only about a quarter mile long and is rather tight. If you’re claustrophobic, you might have problems. I went there with my niece and her husband, who had an absolute blast there. The Navajo guide spent most of his time with them, showing them where and how to get the best shot. This place really put the zap on my niece, who has been back at least twice since then.

CauseISaidSo, yes, the Wave is on my list as well. The BLM really controls access to that spot, only allowing a handful of people per day to go there. You have to apply for a spot about six months in advance of your trip and pay up front, with no guarantee that you’ll get a permit (and the fee is non-refundable.) We tried to get a permit last year and failed, which is a shame since it’s only about 20 miles from Antelope Canyon and we would have gone back there as well (armed with my D200 instead of the little dinky 2-megapixel Coolpix that I shot this image with.)

cameraflage
    Participant

If anybody is interested, here’s a link to my Mission Report from our trip to Antelope Canyon in 2004…

http://www.nls.net/mp/cameraflage/MM04_glen_antelope_4.html

ravnostic
    Participant

If anybody is interested, here’s a link to my Mission Report from our trip to Antelope Canyon in 2004…

http://www.nls.net/mp/cameraflage/MM04_glen_antelope_4.html

Damn, you mean another one of those pictures could show up in a contest?

//I’m doomed.

I clicked the ‘Injun country’ file, too. The shot with the moon and the pillars? A very similar shot (they called them the 3 sisters) and the moon was just in Az Highways Magazine this past month.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘10-20-10 – Travel Photography’ is closed to new replies.