10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

p.s.; Gig103 has a Scarlet R from Just Desserts.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, rav. I’m surprised I didn’t see a Meteor Crater from you – didn’t you visit there recently?

And that’s very true about the B’s. Especially since they’re already post-proc’d and resized. Just need the right contest to come along…

Uranus
    Participant

So I waited until 8EST (2am here), and went to the main page. F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5… at 02:48 Fark informs me “This will post to the main page in 3 hours”. That’s why my entries are late your honour…I threw the PC out of the window.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks, rav. I’m surprised I didn’t see a Meteor Crater from you – didn’t you visit there recently?

I did indeed, but I only took shots for a panoramic; I was in a big hurry (only there 15 minutes), it was a get-in-get-out kinda deal. No pano’s allowed this time. I was hoping to use it for Volcanos, mtns, & waterfalls, but it was determined meteor craters aren’t good enough.

*sigh* I’ll use it somewhere, someday.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

There were a number of Scarlet R’s, actually.

SilverStag
    Participant

It gets harder and harder to avoid the dreaded R’s over time. I have over 400 entries, spread out over a few hosting sites, and I know that there are people here with probably double that number. It’s gotten so that the major amount of time invested for me on a weekly basis is looking to see if the shot I want to use is one that I used before.

I’m not sure what the solution is, but it’s a problem that’s only going to get worse over time.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Since I use Flickr, I generally tag any Farktography entries with farktography so I know I used them already. Unfortunately, I’ve gotten really lazy about tagging this year, so I haven’t been doing that lately, but it definitely made it easier for me to find my previously used entries.

Kestrana
    Participant

I have a set on Flickr; even if I just want to use it for an upcoming contest I toss it in there. Then every couple months I go through and clean anything out that didn’t get used.

clouddancer
    Participant

I have a folder on my Photobucket account devoted to just Farktography. Any entries I post or think about posting, I put in there. Contemplating putting a folder in my pictures/camera pictures folders in the same manner by date of contest, and if enough, by year, much like I do with my camera pictures already. I’m not up to 400 pictures yet, but I may yet get there.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Since I use Flickr, I generally tag any Farktography entries with farktography so I know I used them already. Unfortunately, I’ve gotten really lazy about tagging this year, so I haven’t been doing that lately, but it definitely made it easier for me to find my previously used entries.

I do that and I reduce and compress my entries for Fark links and keep them in a set. I’ve had to go in a check a few times, but the system works pretty well.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Holy crap, two of my entries have disappeared! And of course they were the two with the most votes.

Elsinore, is there anyway of restoring them? They’re all showing up OK at the source.

ravnostic
    Participant

Els, one of mine when *poof* also, if you don’t mind (the other two at the same source are fine.)

So much for GoDaddy hosting.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’m on GoDaddy, too, but I was having intermittent problems with several websites last night so I’m wondering if there wasn’t a bigger problem in the tubes somewhere.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, got em all restored. One from orionid, too.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks much, Els!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘10-20-10 – Travel Photography’ is closed to new replies.