10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-20-10 – Travel Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

pool monster!

eep.

/just trying not to clutter the fark thread….

zincprincess
    Participant

This isn’t votable because I didn’t take it but it does show where I’ve been – somewhere near West Hampton, NY.

linguine
    Participant

As for people vs scenic, to be completely technical, the wording says “where” you’ve been not “who” you’ve seen. But if the “who” is positioned within the “where” (e.g. it’s not simply a head and shoulders shot that could have been taken anywhere–there’s a bit of context/scenery to it), then I would think that should count. Morningbreath is free to chime in, though.

I didn’t see this before posting, do you think my third entry is fine or should I swap it out for something else?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think it’s equivalent to Mopsy’s granddaughters on the Sears Tower Skydeck. There’s some context to it, but if you would rather enter something else instead, I can pull it.

linguine
    Participant

I think it’s equivalent to Mopsy’s granddaughters on the Sears Tower Skydeck. There’s some context to it, but if you would rather enter something else instead, I can pull it.

I’ll stick with it then.

U-Man
    Participant

Damn. Gotta get the kids in bed but I think maybe I should get rid of the ‘sky-diving’ pic.

Back soon….

kashari
    Participant

Elsinore, after reading the clarification, I think I’d like to change my Gorilla picture since there isn’t much context as to where it is.(?) How do I do that, just post the new link here or what?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, go ahead and post your new photo in the thread and I’ll remove the gorilla picture.

But just to be clear, this is only my interpretation of the theme description. I can see an argument for a photo of a gorilla even without context since most anyone would have to travel some place to take a photo of a gorilla.

U-Man
    Participant

But just to be clear, this is only my interpretation of the theme description.

I agree with you. Plus that one of mine needed too much text to squeeze it into this theme. It will fit properly someplace in the future. Will you please delete my 2010-10-20 09:43:21 PM post? I’ll post something else soon.

Thanks Els.

kashari
    Participant

No, go ahead and post your new photo in the thread and I’ll remove the gorilla picture.

But just to be clear, this is only my interpretation of the theme description. I can see an argument for a photo of a gorilla even without context since most anyone would have to travel some place to take a photo of a gorilla.

Thanks, but I think I’ll change it and have posted the replacement. I’ll probably be sorry, but oh well. 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No problem. Got ’em both.

Curious
    Participant

wish i could have used my trip to russia shots but they don’t scan well. in fact i passed on all the older film prints for that reason. OTOH i’m happy with what i entered.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

pool monster!

eep.

/just trying not to clutter the fark thread….

Hey! No eeping in the loop 😉

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I had a really hard time choosing this week. Urban or natural? National park or amusement park? In all, I selected 25 shots that I liked and had a hard time narrowing it down to 3 A’s and 6 B’s.

In the end I went with all “natural” shots for my A’s and mostly urban shots for my B’s. Also, for those who’ve visited my site before and reported the problem with the popup window displaying in odd places, I think I’ve fixed that (at least on the farktography side of the site – the football side hasn’t been updated yet). As always, if you take the time to look at the B’s and think I shoulda gone with one of them instead, I’m always interested in hearing that.

ravnostic
    Participant

Nice bees, cause.

The beauty of the bees is they can become ayes in future contests, at least.

I felt really confident going into this contest, as I really like all three of my shots, but as usual, the competition is fierce with others’ really great shots.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘10-20-10 – Travel Photography’ is closed to new replies.