10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    clouddancer
    Participant

I found some of those mushrooms that look like the video game ones, red top with white splotches. It was tiny and cute. I can’t wait to see all these. Might go get some lichen pictures just to round it out some (lots of lichen to choose from up here).

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I never thought lichen was fungus, but when I looked it up on Wikipedia (which is NEVER wrong, right?) I found this…

“Lichens are composite organisms consisting of a symbiotic association of a fungus (the mycobiont) with a photosynthetic partner (the photobiont or phycobiont), etc…”

So what do you know, it’s part fungus after all. And I might actual have something to post this week after all.

ravnostic
    Participant

Choc. It did say, “Fungus, lichens, molds, and mosses. “. Just sayin. 😉

I think the theme sprung from the idea of teeny tiny plant life, a sort of Macro-Plant crossbreed theme–which makes sense, we’ve done macro-bugs after all.

My only REAL sadness comes from the realization that several years ago, after I’d paid two grand to a doctor for a ‘script for half a grand in medication which, to work, required the elimination of 4 pairs of footwear including snakeskin cowboy boots costing another half grand in themselves,

I never thought to take any pictures.

[crickets chirp]

Bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha! Had ya going there! Ba dum-bump! I’m here all night.

I did take pictures. Except at the time, I had no mega-macro. So you can’t see anything cool.

orionid
    Participant

I wanted people in dry, ‘shroom-free climates to be able to play along. Also, I wanted more variety than just a bunch of mushroom upskirts. So I inluded, as Ravnostic put it, teeny-tiny plant life, but kept my intial title idea. Then I used my best fungus pic in filthy right before this hit critical mass.

kashari
    Participant

I think you’ll maybe have better luck up North than I did, they’ve had colder nights lately.

I guess maybe I did. I got some outstanding shots with the AD macro (lichen and mosses, in particular).

Now I have to whittle the selection of 15 or so down to three (well, two are near certain to have been chosen already, but the third choice will be a challenge.)

And there’s always that chance of total failure at the polls anyway, lol.

(p.s., a couple of the ‘really good but not as good as them other ones’ are in the gallery posted tonight.)

Were the leaves changing yet? We were up by Snowbowl and there was just a bit of yellow in the Aspens.

Nevermind, I see you posted some in the Gallery, nice!

kashari
    Participant

I found some of those mushrooms that look like the video game ones, red top with white splotches. It was tiny and cute. I can’t wait to see all these. Might go get some lichen pictures just to round it out some (lots of lichen to choose from up here).

I look forward to seeing those, I’ve never seen any IRL.

lokisbong
    Participant

So the mushroom you are talkin about sounds like an (Amanita muscaria) Very poisonous but very pretty mushrooms. I once saw one that was probably a foot across but alas I had no camera with me back then.

U-Man
    Participant

I like this ‘dirty weekend’ Uranus speaks of.

/Wait. What?

lokisbong
    Participant

I wanted people in dry, ‘shroom-free climates to be able to play along. Also, I wanted more variety than just a bunch of mushroom upskirts. So I inluded, as Ravnostic put it, teeny-tiny plant life, but kept my intial title idea. Then I used my best fungus pic in filthy right before this hit critical mass.

Boy am I glad you did. I just moved to Nevada and have not seen anything like a real mushroom other than the shitty lookin stuff at the store. There are lots of lichens though.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I just wanted you all to know that I injured myself in pursuit of this weeks theme…you all will be hearing from my lawyers, except for orionid, because he just got married and all of his money is now kestrana‘s. The rest of you, I’m suing for making me fall down the hill and twist my ankle!

You guys are in big trouble.

ravnostic
    Participant

I just wanted you all to know that I injured myself in pursuit of this weeks theme…you all will be hearing from my lawyers, except for orionid, because he just got married and all of his money is now kestrana‘s. The rest of you, I’m suing for making me fall down the hill and twist my ankle!

Yes, that’s all very fine and good, but did you get the shot?

/because priorities are important.

Kestrana
    Participant

More like all my money is now his so he can buy more ridiculous camera pieces to assemble in crazy projects that clutter up my coffee table!

But he bought me a Keurig, so it’s ok.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

… except for orionid, because he just got married …

I thought I heard him say it was coming up next May. Did you mean getting married/got engaged or has orionid been a busy busy boy? I can barely handle one (wife, that is), much less two!

Kestrana
    Participant

Our wedding is next May but we were civilly married on Saturday because orionid is in the Navy and for many reasons it was beneficial not to wait that long. Due to my work and the kind of wedding we want to have it wasn’t possible to move up our wedding date.

ravnostic
    Participant

Our wedding is next May but we were civilly married on Saturday because orionid is in the Navy and for many reasons it was beneficial not to wait that long. Due to my work and the kind of wedding we want to have it wasn’t possible to move up our wedding date.

There’s a joke in here about gay civil unions/marriage and the end of the world, and Connecticut, and probably the Navy, too. 😆

I’ll be damned if I can think of it, at the moment. 😥

Query: Have you selected a photographer for the wedding? Because of all people, I’d think you as a couple would be the type of customer only someone who really knew photography would want to shoot for–talk about high expectations!! And I was just wondering who that person might be. ❓

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • The topic ‘10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy’ is closed to new replies.