10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Fungus, lichens, molds, and mosses.

Theme suggestion courtesy of orionid–thanks!

clouddancer
    Participant

I have something for this, and I didn’t even think I would!

justkat
    Participant

Yay! I have been hoarding two pictures for this contest for aaaaages!

lokisbong
    Participant

I just got some shots for this last weekend

ravnostic
    Participant

I guess I’ll have to hang on to that 1/2 loaf bread for a while…

geom_00
    Participant

Would just a picture of THIS work?

Of COURSE I keed

zincprincess
    Participant

Me to husband PeriRies: There is a moldy loaf of bread on the kitchen counter. Do NOT throw it away.
    PR: Why are we keeping a loaf of moldy bread?
    Me: I need to take a picture of it.
    PR: Why?
    Me: For an upcoming farktography contest.
    PR: You guys are weird.
    Me: Yes, I know.

olavf
    Participant

Sometimes there are benefits to being married to a fellow Farktographer.

“Honey? If you’re not busy, could you go and buy me a fish?”

“Can’t you just grab something at the supermarket”

“No, they don’t have them with the heads on. I asked”.

Also, I suspect one of Kat’s submissions will be something I spotted alongside the road. I pulled the car over, kids and all, and said “you’ll be wanting a picture of that”

😉

kashari
    Participant

We’ve had an explosion of toadstools in our complex’s yard after they’ve been watering the winter grass. I got a few pictures of them over the last couple of days while watching them grow/change. Yesterday some young boys busted up a couple of the bigger ones while I was out there, so I bitched them out a bit. But, I actually got some nice shots of the underbellies. Then today some other rugrats ran their dang bicycles over the other ones. STAY OFF MY LAWN YA LITTLE BRATS!!! 😈

ravnostic
    Participant

Glad you mentioned that, kashari–I’ll have to dig for it, but there was the most beautiful translucent toadstool a couple months ago that I captured–I might need it for this contest!!

(In other news, I’ll be up near Flagstaff tomorrow, for ‘Autumn’, ‘Travel Photography’, and whatever else I can get–lichens will probably be among them. *Must remember to bring the Darlot for macro…*)

LeicaLens
    Participant

Sometimes there are benefits to being married to a fellow Farktographer.

“Honey? If you’re not busy, could you go and buy me a fish?”

“Can’t you just grab something at the supermarket”

“No, they don’t have them with the heads on. I asked”.

They don’t sell whole fish at your local supermarket??

My head has officially assploded.

How can you eat the eyes, if they don’t sell the heads?

kashari
    Participant

Glad you mentioned that, kashari–I’ll have to dig for it, but there was the most beautiful translucent toadstool a couple months ago that I captured–I might need it for this contest!!

(In other news, I’ll be up near Flagstaff tomorrow, for ‘Autumn’, ‘Travel Photography’, and whatever else I can get–lichens will probably be among them. *Must remember to bring the Darlot for macro…*)

We had a big grouping of white toadstools, when they opened it was like a little UFO colony had landed. The gnomes & fairies will be sad tonight that their special places were destroyed by the rotten little humans! 😥

Then there are big groups of small brown ones, I’ve never seen so many, it’s really weird.

I think you’ll maybe have better luck up North than I did, they’ve had colder nights lately.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve been digging, but I can’t find that picture series yet.

*drat* This is the problem with 25K pictures and no organization to them.

I’m hoping for at least autumn colors. The lichens will be a gimme, as may some mosses. Molds and shrooms, not so much, perhaps.

Uranus
    Participant

I suggested something like this in 2007, and have been sitting on the pics since then 😀 Didn’t stop me taking wifey out on a hunt for new shots at the weekend, though…gives “dirty weekend” a whole new meaning.

ravnostic
    Participant

I think you’ll maybe have better luck up North than I did, they’ve had colder nights lately.

I guess maybe I did. I got some outstanding shots with the AD macro (lichen and mosses, in particular).

Now I have to whittle the selection of 15 or so down to three (well, two are near certain to have been chosen already, but the third choice will be a challenge.)

And there’s always that chance of total failure at the polls anyway, lol.

(p.s., a couple of the ‘really good but not as good as them other ones’ are in the gallery posted tonight.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • The topic ‘10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy’ is closed to new replies.