10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Our wedding is next May but we were civilly married on Saturday because orionid is in the Navy and for many reasons it was beneficial not to wait that long. Due to my work and the kind of wedding we want to have it wasn’t possible to move up our wedding date.

Well then, I must’ve missed that. Heartfelt congratulations to you both!

… talk about high expectations!!

Hah! I hadn’t thought of that, but you’re right – I wouldn’t want anything to do with that job! (Not implying anything bad about either Kestrana or orionid, just saying that they know their stuff and someone who doesn’t really know what they’re doing wouldn’t be able to snow them like he might others.)

Curious
    Participant

Our wedding is next May but we were civilly married on Saturday because orionid is in the Navy and for many reasons it was beneficial not to wait that long. Due to my work and the kind of wedding we want to have it wasn’t possible to move up our wedding date.

well congratulations and good luck to you both. of course the downside is you now will have two anniversaries. or maybe that’s a plus. YMMV 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

That might be the one wedding I’d shoot, because the Bride and Groom would have backup equipment I could use 🙂

orionid
    Participant

That might be the one wedding I’d shoot, because the Bride and Groom would have backup equipment I could use 🙂

You’re hired.

Actually, we were planning on inviting the regular farktographers, since this is how/where we met. Depending who was able to show up, the plan is more or less offering a mutually beneficial group deal where all of you guys would be invited to take photos of whatever you want, and be able to build your portfolios. We’re also going to put a disposable camera at every table at the reception so the non-photo friends don’t feel left out.

orionid
    Participant

And thanks for the congrats, all.

SilverStag
    Participant

An excuse to use my AlienBees! WooHoo!

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah we are actually not hiring a photographer. Considering how many cameras we own, we might even be able to lend one to every single guest without a camera.

“Here Gramma, this peanut can is actually a pinhole camera. Just tug on this to take a picture and then advance the film by turning this piece of pencil stuck in the back”

ennuipoet
    Participant

Yeah we are actually not hiring a photographer. Considering how many cameras we own, we might even be able to lend one to every single guest without a camera.

“Here Gramma, this peanut can is actually a pinhole camera. Just tug on this to take a picture and then advance the film by turning this piece of pencil stuck in the back”

That elicited a genuine laugh out loud moment as the mental image of grandma staring in confusion at the peanut can sprang full blossom in my mind!

orionid
    Participant

Just don’t let it turn into this.

kashari
    Participant

Congrats Orionid & Kestrana and I love your ideas for the photography at your wedding!

As for the contest this week, I won’t be around on Wednesday to do my submissions. How do I go about having someone send them in for me, if possible?

olavf
    Participant

Can I bring my kit lens?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Hey now, that would make for interesting subjects for those not involved in the brawl. 🙂

How do I go about having someone send them in for me, if possible?

You just need to have someone else post them for you with the text “On behalf of kashari” or “OBO kashari” in the post.

I’d do it for you, but as a TFer yourself, you’ll probably want to ask another TFer so you don’t have to wait the 4 hour delay.

olavf
    Participant

If someone can’t do it for you, Kat may be able to. She’s usually at the computer at that time of the day. I’d volunteer, but I’m at work at that point (it’s 5PM on the Left Coast) so my ability to post my own can be iffy…

Oh, and to make things easy, I’d recommend building your posts in scratchpad and sending the result from the preview pane with the links & any text so it can just be copypasta’d in.

orionid
    Participant

Can I bring my kit lens?

HAR!

Of course. 😆

Hey now, that would make for interesting subjects for those not involved in the brawl. 🙂

True…….. But I’m not sure Kestrana would be too keen on having that sort of wedding memory.

SilverStag
    Participant

Kestrana and orionid:

I just realized that your wedding might end up looking like this:

(not my picture)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • The topic ‘10-27-10 – He’s a Fun Guy’ is closed to new replies.