10-28-09 – Heebie Jeebies

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-28-09 – Heebie Jeebies

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

My first picture was fine and viewed fine in the thread, but then I got a broken link error when I came back to vote. So I reposted it and now that one is broken too. I’m going to repost it one last time in a smaller version, but if you can tell me why it’s breaking I would like to know :/

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I posted in the thread, but I guess you didn’t see it. The Fark size limits are 640 max pixel width and 1100 max pixel height. Your image is 1024 x 664. Fark will scale the photo for you to the maximum allowable dimensions, but the bigger issue is the file size. Fark’s max file size is somewhere between 180k-200k, but it’s a fuzzy limit, so it’s safer to keep it 150k and under (and personally, I don’t tend to post anything over 70-100k). I didn’t see the first post, but the second one was 1.2MB. The one you’ve currently got up is 214k. Fark can scale, but it can’t do anything about the file size, so at some point, anything over its file limit is going to disappear.

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore!

justkat
    Participant

Jeez U-Man, I go to bed 1 vote behind you and wake up 17 votes behind you. Granted that #1 pic deserves to be ahead of mine, but maaaan! lol

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Isn’t that a repeat of last week or the week before? 😉

justkat
    Participant

*gigglesnort* well maybe not last week, but yeah, it ain’t the first time. Damn those early voting teases…

it’s hilarious to me that apparently only one person outside my household thinks a mass invasion of aphids on your rose-bushes is creepy. I was seriously creeped the fuck out when I saw those. They *covered* the plant. Maybe it’s just that aphids don’t hurt *people*. *shrug* 😉

U-Man
    Participant

Jeez U-Man, I go to bed 1 vote behind you and wake up 17 votes behind you. Granted that #1 pic deserves to be ahead of mine, but maaaan! lol

Don’t blame me. I haven’t even voted yet. 🙂 By the way, I know there is a time difference between here and California, but your message looks like you got up around 1 PM. Did you? ‘Cause if you did I’d be really jealous. I loooove sleeping in.

soosh
    Participant

son of a bitch, today’s thursday, isn’t it?

QueenBee
    Participant

son of a bitch, today’s thursday, isn’t it?

Well…it’s Friday here, but yes it was Thursday alllll day dear : )

soosh
    Participant

still Thursday here.

I totally forgot yesterday was a Wednesday. fucking hell.

well, I would have chosen from among stuff like this:

QueenBee
    Participant

Sorry 🙁 I especially love the first one. My stuff is just not so creepy comparatively this week. Ahh well. Can’t win ’em all (hell, I can’t win one! 😛 )

justkat
    Participant

Don’t blame me. I haven’t even voted yet. 🙂 By the way, I know there is a time difference between here and California, but your message looks like you got up around 1 PM. Did you? ‘Cause if you did I’d be really jealous. I loooove sleeping in.

Naw, 10 am. Still sort of sleeping in, though. 😉

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah soosh, that first Holga is creep-tastic.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry I missed congratulating in the Fark thread–I was..uh..out kinda late last night.

Congrats to U-Man anyway!

olavf
    Participant

Sorry I missed congratulating in the Fark thread–I was..uh..out kinda late last night.

Congrats to U-Man anyway!

Heh. Kat and I dressed up as paparazzi and had one helluva time annoying everyone. Tag-team attack photography for the win 😀
    /well, we only got third place, but hey, half the bar tab…

and yeah, congrats U-Man!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • The topic ‘10-28-09 – Heebie Jeebies’ is closed to new replies.