10-4-06 – Style

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    logomancer
    Participant

You’re going to see a side of one Mike Ball that you’ve never seen before…

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the php help; it seems so much cleaner than html.

And now for the other side of my work:

Elsinore
    Keymaster

But alas, they were all shot with a crappy 35mm point and shoot camera, and the resolution of the (almost certainly plastic) lens would make Adams spin in his grave

Nor will a technically brilliant but soulless photo win.

Oh I absolutely agree with you there. The Yosemite photos in question are neither technically brilliant nor filled with soul, and there’s only so much that post-processing can help in that case 😉

Oh, and speaking of wins, congratulations on your “Cute Kids” contest victory! No need for a recount, as you ran away with the title this time…

Thank you! This was my first win on my own–I tied for first with EncyclopediaGalactica on the Words theme–so I was excited. Hubby didn’t think that one would do well because of the wide angle distortion, and he suggested entering a different photo altogether. But I figured it was quirky enough that it might get some votes. Sweeter words I never heard out of his mouth on Thursday:

“I stand corrected…”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, logomancer, that’s trippy!

logomancer
    Participant

Wow, logomancer, that’s trippy!

That side of my brain lives over at http://www.flickr.com/photos/undergroundbastard/sets/72157594207385789/

And a belated congrats on that picture as well. I bet you can’t wait to whip it out for her first prom date. 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That side of my brain lives over at http://www.flickr.com/photos/undergroundbastard/sets/72157594207385789/

oooo eye candy! must make commentses on the preciousssss…

And a belated congrats on that picture as well. I bet you can’t wait to whip it out for her first prom date. 😉

That and the shotgun 😉 But seriously, thanks 🙂

mikemikeb
    Participant

Thank you! This was my first win on my own–I tied for first with EncyclopediaGalactica on the Words theme–so I was excited.

Uuuuh — ahem 😉 (Hence the “recount” in the past contest. 🙂 )

Hubby didn’t think that one would do well because of the wide angle distortion, and he suggested entering a different photo altogether. But I figured it was quirky enough that it might get some votes. Sweeter words I never heard out of his mouth on Thursday:

“I stand corrected…”

The key partially lay in the distortion, combined with that absolutely priceless expression I’m not sure an adult could ever express — they make the photo. Truly the best photo won this week.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol Yes, I know he got the extra votes after the contest was called, but it always showed as a tie on the Farktography page, so I was hanging (rather desperately) on to that 😉 But ultimately, you can’t argue much with the humor in Encylopedia Galactica’s entry there 😉

Truly the best photo won this week.

I seriously appreciate your kind words 🙂

schnee
    Participant

Uuuuh — ahem

Hmm…I do believe there’s a bug in the Contest Contour(tm) for that contest. Sigh….

CaptainJim
    Participant

That looks like an alien with a big peener and shaved pubes. I like it

veruca
    Participant

I was going to say taint but let’s go with your answer 😛

logomancer
    Participant

I was going to say taint but let’s go with your answer 😛

Dammit. I knew I shouldn’t have bet ya, Cap’n. I should’ve learned my lesson after the White Sox fiasco. But, no, I thought to myself – this time is different. This time, I’ve got him. There’s just no way, I figured, as I laid my money down. There’s just no way he can get Veruca to type “taint.”

Live and learn, I guess. I’ll have the Western Union there in the morning. Nice job.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You all realize, of course, that logomancer’s abstracts amount to digital rorschach ink blot tests? I myself saw a face, a tree, or a chalice, but not a phallus or taint like the rest of you sick bastards. I could run with the psychoanalysis (after all, that’s what my education’s in…), but I think the bigger question is why *I* of all people *didn’t* see anything sexual. Father Freud would be so ashamed of me right now….

veruca
    Participant

You all realize, of course, that logomancer’s abstracts amount to digital rorschach ink blot tests? I myself saw a face, a tree, or a chalice, but not a phallus or taint like the rest of you sick bastards.

hee hee. of course i meant no offense logomancer – i’ll go ahead and blame this one on sleep deprivation and the two twisted individuals i work with whom derive sexual humor from the most innocent of things. i’m just…tainted.

*runs quickly for the closest door clearly marked EXIT*

(edited to add that clearly Dr. Freud would have in field day in the playground of my mind E – it’s scary in here sometimes lol)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol veruca! It’s seriously amazing that I hadn’t thought of anything sexual…I’m usually a total gutter brain! I’m either slacking or sleep deprived myself 😉

logomancer
    Participant

You all realize, of course, that logomancer’s abstracts amount to digital rorschach ink blot tests? I myself saw a face, a tree, or a chalice, but not a phallus or taint like the rest of you sick bastards.

hee hee. of course i meant no offense logomancer

No offense taken in the least. The whole rorschach aspect is what I love best. For my part, I see a rascal king sitting atop his throne ready to take a rip off the bong placed squarely before him on a small table. But, hey, that’s me – or maybe where this image came from… 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘10-4-06 – Style’ is closed to new replies.