10-4-06 – Style

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think he’s just good at shooting 😉 Speaking of that abstract contest, what was that other staircase picture?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Whoa…9 pages now!

swampa
    Participant

congrats chakalakasp 🙂

I was wondering what type of lens(es) you were using to take those photos?

mikemikeb
    Participant

Speaking of that abstract contest, what was that other staircase picture?

I don’t have the link, as the FSM says the photo’s gone, apparently as a result of it being hosted with cliche-host.net. The photo was cached by the old Farktography site (which is how I originally saw it), but it probably was deleted with the rest of the site. But as I remember, it was obviously of a spiral staircase; the handrails and their support beams were clearly identifiable, at least to me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hm…schnee asked in the thread if it was the same picture, though I’m not sure if chakalakasp saw that or not. Maybe he’ll check in here…

veruca
    Participant

I think he’s just good at shooting 😉 Speaking of that abstract contest, what was that other staircase picture?

The style was similar but the other staircase was orange/yellow. I was equally beautiful.

The photo was cached by the old Farktography site (which is how I originally saw it), but it probably was deleted with the rest of the site.

A few of us have all the images from previous contests backed up. As the site settles and the redesign progresses the links to those contests and the images will be restored. So no historical data has really been lost…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

mikemikeb: He also did respond in the thread that the current pic wasn’t taken until this summer, while the abstraction contest was last year.

veruca: Good to know all those pics and contests are backed up!

Awesome contest and congrats to chakalakasp! I really love what you do with a wide angle!

Is that the first 1-2 sweep evar?

schnee
    Participant

mikemikeb: He also did respond in the thread that the current pic wasn’t taken until this summer, while the abstraction contest was last year.

Indeed he did so respond. Which means that he have a very distinctive style and knows what works.

mikemikeb
    Participant

He also did respond in the thread that the current pic wasn’t taken until this summer, while the abstraction contest was last year.

Indeed he did so respond. Which means that he have a very distinctive style and knows what works.

I have never knowingly contested that the two pics were the same. Sorry for any confusion.

Is that the first 1-2 sweep evar?

No, webbery did one in the “Photographing photographers” contest, if I remember correctly.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    chakalakasp
    Participant

congrats chakalakasp 🙂

I was wondering what type of lens(es) you were using to take those photos?

Shoot, I just now got to reading this thread. 🙂 I shot the wide stuff with a Canon EF-S 10-22. Great lens if you have a Digital Rebel or a 20D or a 30D. It effectively becomes a 16-35mm lens, which I loooovvveeee. Only downside is the price, around $700. You can get nearly the same thing for much cheaper, though, if you’re willing to buy Sigma; Sigma has a 10-20 for around $500, IIRC.

swampa
    Participant

Shoot, I just now got to reading this thread. 🙂 I shot the wide stuff with a Canon EF-S 10-22. Great lens if you have a Digital Rebel or a 20D or a 30D. It effectively becomes a 16-35mm lens, which I loooovvveeee. Only downside is the price, around $700. You can get nearly the same thing for much cheaper, though, if you’re willing to buy Sigma; Sigma has a 10-20 for around $500, IIRC.

Thanks for that. I have the Canon Rebel so I think one of those lenses will be the next upgrade to my kit 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘10-4-06 – Style’ is closed to new replies.