11-03-10 – Defunct

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-03-10 – Defunct

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    QueenBee
    Participant

I’m not sure what that is or what the words refer to? They aren’t Fark-filterable, so I’d think they’d be ok.

I think they were referring to the fact that is says coon. racist slang, but most people probably won’t even notice

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I’m not sure what that is or what the words refer to? They aren’t Fark-filterable, so I’d think they’d be ok.

I think they were referring to the fact that is says coon. racist slang, but most people probably won’t even notice

Yes, it is a racist term; however at the time when this was recorded it was not considered offensive.

I think I’ll risk it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I knew it could be, but lacking context, I didn’t assume that’s what it was, so yeah, I think you’re ok. Plus, you aren’t calling anyone that, just showing an item with those words on it. And they’re small.

cameraflage
    Participant

In keeping with the spirit of “Defunct”, all of my submissions will be scans of Kodachrome slides.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

This contest is going to be a first for me – no archive diving, I took all my entries within the past week. And I gotta say, I’m fairly pleased with them. Of course, that usually lasts right up until I finish posting and then take a look at some of y’alls. 🙂

orionid
    Participant

In keeping with the spirit of “Defunct”, all of my submissions will be scans of Kodachrome slides.

img

I’m taking a similar approach, just not with Kodachrome. I did think about taking a photo of my last couple rolls of undeveloped kodachrome (I know, I know. 57 days…..) .

LeicaLens
    Participant

Having been unable to participate in the last two, I was all ready to go for this one, but work has conspired against me. If I have time, I will look at my archives and try to find a few possibles.

On the bright side, the extra work I am getting now may lead to new glass in the future 😆
    Useless, though, if I can’t find time to use it.

U-Man
    Participant

I actually had to go out and take three new pics rather than do the archive dive. It felt good.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah I had to go out a few different times to get this weeks pictures also. One of my choices was found when I was out running some errands.

clouddancer
    Participant

I knew I’d have to take pictures for this contest, but I’m not happy with any of them really. Hubby even suggested a couple of ideas, but as he had to help me either with showing me where said items were or bringing a possible something home, that didn’t work out either. He has a math test tonight (starting at 6) so even if he brought the items home, they’d be last minute shots and I likely wouldn’t be happy with those either.

I did try, though. I have some petrified wood and an orthoceras fossil (it’s not that big), but I don’t like the shots I have well enough to post, so I’m not going to. Pity. Oh well. I do look forward to seeing what is posted, though.

orionid
    Participant

Hubby even suggested a couple of ideas

You should get him to start playing, too!

clouddancer
    Participant

Hubby even suggested a couple of ideas

You should get him to start playing, too!

He won’t. I’ve sort of suggested it, but he would rather have a camera all his own (not that I can blame him on that), but is is allowed to use mine (but will have to tell me first, of course).

‘Sides, he’s busy with getting his mechanical engineering degree and homework every night, plus he works in IT repair on the campus part time.

Curious
    Participant

i shot two of mine today and am hoping the subject gets votes. the shots sure won’t. the last one is a scan of a 35 y/o photo of an even older fire truck. in b/w. it may do ok.

re kodachrome, i wept when i read about it. but i hadn’t shot any and put money in kodak’s jeans in years so ….

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah I had to go out a few different times to get this weeks pictures also. One of my choices was found when I was out running some errands.

Two of my shots came from a Halloween display at my local pub. It’s fortunate the manager knows how to decorate and has *unusual* items to showcase. I wasn’t thrilled with the lighting but made the best of it that I could. I’m hoping they are at least unique, one might get a few laughs as well maybe. My last shot came from a series that ‘failed’ to pan out for Classic Green. But I’m sure it will be a common subject to this theme, so I don’t have much hope for it (which of course means it will get more votes than either of the other two, if history continues to repeat.)

ravnostic
    Participant

Ummm…today IS Wednesday, isn’t it?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)
  • The topic ‘11-03-10 – Defunct’ is closed to new replies.